Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best White {legal) Bulbs to fit

Hi Guys

I have a 2010 sri cdti and i have fitted bright white led drl's but i have the factory headlight bulbs, horrible yellow, what bulbs would you recommend i fit?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by yorobbo; 19-01-2019, 08:37 PM. Reason: more info

Hid kit. If no projectors swap to normal bulbs for test. Once you go xenon youll never go back. ( yes I know that doesn’t rhyme [emoji23])

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Some members are finding that the led bulbs are better.
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Led's are the way to go,just fitted mine and took about 10 minutes,plus no cutting holes in the dust caps-----Dave

Comment

I managed to get the whole thing into the light, ballasts and the black box thingy me bobby that stops warning light on dash. It was tight but all fitted in

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Any links to which LED's please

Comment

You're gonna dazzle everybody with LED bulbs in reflectors on the pre facelift. Your best bet is to get a HID kit with H7R bulbs The R stands for reflector and the bulb has a painted out strip to help stop dazzle.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                You're gonna dazzle everybody with LED bulbs in reflectors on the pre facelift. Your best bet is to get a HID kit with H7R bulbs The R stands for reflector and the bulb has a painted out strip to help stop dazzle.
                marko, any links please

Comment

Originally posted by yorobbo View Post
                  marko, any links please
                  Something like this kit https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNLIGHT-X...d2A:rk:43:pf:0

Make sure you choose H7R anti-glare as bulb type and you want to be looking at either 5000k or 6000k colour temperature. Personally I prefer 5000k because they're the whitest.

Just to add....I'm not recommending this kit. It's just one I've found on ebay. I've never bought from this ebay seller. CNLight kits have been around a good while though so It might be worth considering.

This is the covering on a H7R bulb
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

A Newbie to the site, and totally useless at car DIY

Morning,

I have a 2.0 ecoflex s/s 2015 with HRT2 bulbs which are about as much use as a empty water bottle in the sahara.
                    Went to crapfords to see if i could get brighter bulbs but no joy there.
                    Any idea what bulbs I can get to replace the ones i have with the output of a weak candle?
                    I have read about LEDs and HIDs but not too confident about in fitting myself.

Comment

cranefly65 has had good success with these LEDs, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hir2-9012-H...s=winpower+led pretty easy to fit too. Not really any harder than changing a normal bulb. Here it the thread where they were discussed, https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...ent-hir-2-9012

Comment

Thanks very much indeed

Comment

Yes follow the above thread and you really can't go wrong,just remember when connecting up that you get the positives and the negatives matched up---iv'e just fitted Led's to mine and they are much better---its just plug and play--my bulbs are the HIR 2/9012 TYPE,--Dave---

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Croftamieman View Post
                              Morning,

I have a 2.0 ecoflex s/s 2015 with HRT2 bulbs which are about as much use as a empty water bottle in the sahara.
                              Went to crapfords to see if i could get brighter bulbs but no joy there.
                              Any idea what bulbs I can get to replace the ones i have with the output of a weak candle?
                              I have read about LEDs and HIDs but not too confident about in fitting myself.
                              Easy to do and I can guarantee the best and probably most effective mod you'll do to your car.

Comment

Working...
                              X