insignia gsi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
    I considered lease, but the 2014 VXLine I bought in 2015 cost me £14,500, wasn't even a year old and had 14k miles on it. I had it 4 years and my wife has had the car for over a year now, no problems at all and still worth £6k. Lost £8.5k over 5 years - £1700 per year. I couldn't lease that car for £141 per month or anywhere near.
    The GSI as with all VX Insignias are an absolute steal up to 1 year old - my VXLine bought last year at 10 months old - 10k miles was £16k! - nearly £28k brand new. The GSI is no different, will take a huge hit first of from the £30k odd that they are - but then the depreciation is more than acceptable.
    Cheapest I seen at the moment is 25k so probably wait a little longer. I do like the look of them although lacking power.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurdip View Post
      Cheapest I seen at the moment is 25k so probably wait a little longer. I do like the look of them although lacking power.
      I must admit, for me the VXLine looks much nicer than the GSI - the bumpers seem a little clumsy and doesn't look anywhere near as sleek as the VXLine.

Comment

kin hell,... £43k!!! https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...us=1500&page=1

Comment

Yet the Mondeo further down the page is almost as much:
          Find your next car with Auto Trader UK, the official #1 site to buy and sell new and used cars. Over 400,000 cars online. Simple, easy, quick!

Know which I'd rather have
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
            Thank you for reminding me my mazda6 isn't turbocharged and got no poke on the lower end. It also keeps telling me to shift gears early where there is no poke.
            You think that's got no poke?
            I'll bid you my Viva with its 1-litre naturally aspirated engine. That's a true definition of 'no poke on the lower end'.

However, it has been 100% trouble-free for the 50k it's done so far.

On the other hand, my (complex, filled with gadgets) Insignia 2.8 Elite with 20k on the clock at the time I bought it had a 4wd fault half an hour after leaving the dealer (probably why the previous owner traded it in).

Comment

That's the trouble, when you buy these sub 100k cars for 10-15k, when they do go wrong the price to fix them is still out of your price range. I was looking at Range Rover Sport for abit but reliability aren't great and i wont be able to afford the repair bill
              I couldnt buy a Range Rover that wasnt a proper full size one with split tailgate etc....a Sport or anything else seems like a half hearted attempt to have one.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                I'll bid you my Viva with its 1-litre naturally aspirated engine. That's a true definition of 'no poke on the lower end'.

However, it has been 100% trouble-free for the 50k it's done so far.

On the other hand, my (complex, filled with gadgets) Insignia 2.8 Elite with 20k on the clock at the time I bought it had a 4wd fault half an hour after leaving the dealer (probably why the previous owner traded it in).
                I dare hardly say it, my wifes corsa she bought new 17 years ago, it's the 1.0 3 pot and no it's not fast but its a lovely drive. Barely cost us a penny. We took it to Cornwall from the North East when it was new no problems at all. Takes a bit to get upto speed but will sit there all day long.

Comment

still worth £6k.
                  Is this on wbac?

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                    Around the local roads i bet they both same . Its only on higher speed you notice a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                      my wifes corsa she bought new 17 years ago, it's the 1.0 3 pot and no it's not fast but its a lovely drive
                      Same as today's engines just now they added a turbo .

Comment

I dare hardly say it, my wifes corsa she bought new 17 years ago, it's the 1.0 3 pot and no it's not fast but its a lovely drive. Barely cost us a penny. We took it to Cornwall from the North East when it was new no problems at all. Takes a bit to get upto speed but will sit there all day long.
                        My next door neighbour has a 2003 Corsa and it's the same size as my Viva. The current Corsa is as big as an Astra used to be. Cars just keep growing.

Comment

no it's not fast but its a lovely drive
                          I say that because it tells you to use 6th gear doing 60mph (at 2000rpm) and while using adaptive cruise control as the car starts to slow with the car in front, you put your foot down to overtake nothing happens unless you change down a couple gears, is not great for us lazy drivers who just love putting the foot down and it goes just like on the diesels. Shame i couldn't get it on automatic.

Comment

Is this on wbac?
                            wbac??

Comment

wbac??
                              we buy any car

Comment

I say that because it tells you to use 6th gear doing 60mph (at 2000rpm) and while using adaptive cruise control as the car starts to slow with the car in front, you put your foot down to overtake nothing happens unless you change down a couple gears, is not great for us lazy drivers who just love putting the foot down and it goes just like on the diesels. Shame i couldn't get it on automatic.
                                Wife's only got 5 gears, on a really steep hill you have to drop a gear in advance and keep it above 4000rpm or it runs out of steam. We stick snow boots on hers for winter and put the alloys away. It has plenty power in the snow and will go anywhere without getting stuck. The siggy is way too big to go sledging in!

Comment

Working...
                                X