Fitting reverse parking sensors guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting reverse parking sensors guide

What a great post I have been putting this off for the last year or more because I didn't know where to start. I had it done in about 2 hours with no problems so Thank you so much.

Jaymac

I wish I had the balls to do it.

Comment

The reason im a bit worried about doing it is because I removed my front bumper to fit the VxR grill. And no matter how I try I cant get it to fit properly into the clips on the wings so it sicks out a bit. Well I should say it goes into the clips then seems to work its way out after a couple of drives. Maybe the clips are loose.

Comment

Nice, and wow, how shiny!!

Comment

I had an issue with my factory fitted ones. Beam must have been reflected off some guys bumper as I ended up nudging him. Taught me that you can't really rely on the sensors. Luckily only minor damage. But just goes to show that none are perfect.

Comment

Keeping him busy. It's not one I need unfortunately and as you saw little brother is into touch parking.

Comment

Does the front bumber have marks on the inside for the sensors?

Comment

Is taking off the front bumber as easy as the rear? Really need front and back sensors cus i cant judge distances well in the insignia cus its so curvy

Comment

The cisbo sensors on ebay dont work with the vx front bumper markings as the sensors are too low and just sense the ground all the time.

Comment

I had mine on a switch only used at slow speeds, would give constant sound,reading the instructions they must be fitted above 45cms from the ground, the two middle sensors are only 38cm from the ground using the vx holes, i'm now using the long strip system stuck on the back of the bumper.

Comment

Let someone else do it then.

Comment

Im from npton and had the cisbo sensors fitted,??plus loads of other mods. If you need help fitting mods or just wana see the mods i've done to get an idea drop me a message

Comment

If you order black you can always spray paint them with a can to get the colour to match

Comment

Nop. The sensors connect to the reverse light live wire so come on when you put the car into reverse

Comment

I have fitted the tape type sensors to mine these need no drilling or colour coding and work just as well as the round ones in fact I think they are better as they are not affected by rain or being dirty as the round ones can be

I wish I had bought these first instead I bought and fitted the round ones which gave me problems

I have the tape type fitted to the front and rear of my car the rears are on the reverse light and the fronts are on a switch and relay combination ie it's the oem parking switch plus a timer relay??it cost less than£20 to do this part

Comment

Working...
                              X