Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• towing a caravan with a insignia vxr 2.8t 4x4 estate

Vxr,towing a caravan!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    sigpic

Can't a dealership help? I'm sure there are others on here who will be able to help.

Otherwise welcome to the forum.. I'd make some dig about Caravans but being pulled by a VXR I suspect they'd all be wrong

Comment

Hey if we'd got a Vectra VXR rather than the Astra VXR we'd have kept it when baby number one arrived. We'd have then had a roofbox on it! Luckily the demo one disappeared on a low loader the morning we went to drive it. Close call

Comment

Well looking here the 2.8T doesn't feature but the 2.0T can pull 1800kg so you should be covered for anything up to thay

http://carleasingmad...g-weight-limit/

Comment

It's blank,cos the vxr can't be fitted with a towbar.
          sigpic

Comment

Can't be or shouldn't be? Can any 2.8T be fitted with a towbar? If so just get a 2.8T elite

Comment

Na,just trying to put themd off,the hatch,saloon,struggle to find a towbar

On the st,yeh you can get one I think! Not sure it's the right car for towing mind,
              sigpic

Comment

Probably rip the caravan apart

Comment

Hopefully!
                  sigpic

Comment

It'll slow us all down even more then as they close the motorway to clear up

Comment

Right storted,

Op, booked a nice hotel in the lakes!

Helpful site,job done!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Haha pretty late reply I know.
                        I recently bought the Insignia OPC 2.8 V6 L 4x4 Hatchback.
                        and what u know it has removable tow hook. Not sure I never use it I know for a fact what pulling does to a car engine. With time u kill it especially towing a caravan hoooooooh

Is nice for emergency but no will ever use it.
                        Next weekend I remove it totatallt to much weight but if anyone are interested I won't be needing it anymore and the hook comes in this nice storage pack

Comment

Working...
                        X