Hi, I am new. Insignia Turbo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I am new. Insignia Turbo...

markmk, on 07 April 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:I am just reading some posts on this site to see how well the Insignia is . Has the Insignia 4x4 had any issues, is the 4x4 reliable? Thanks for any info

Only issue I've had was the differential seals, but that's a known issue and is a recall item so should be done free.

The 4x4 system is very good I must admit, was kind of hoping for some snow again this year just to try it out again properly.

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you'll get sorted. Any real reason why you want the 4x4 other than extra ??? on tyres

Comment

markmk, on 08 April 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:
      I will probably buy a 2 wheel drive one . The one I put a deposit down on has been removed from the site. Time for a phone call to Arnold Clark. If they sold it while I had a deposit down on it that's shocking.

You placed the deposit, the car is then presold to you, thats what the deposit is there for, its to secure it so no one else can buy it. They took the advert off, so they won't get anymore phonecalls enquiring about the car as it is presold to you.

Comment

It should say in the log book im guessing.

Comment

If the car does turn out to be a 2wd, you can return the car and get your full money back with your deposit, or ask to knock money off. As the it isnt as described.

http://www.advicegui...description.htm

Comment

That is definately an Elite, what's it meant to be SRI?

Comment

My 1.6T is 2wd and that has flexride. .

Comment

You will love that sport button , it even changes your speedo to red lighting from white.

Comment

Beefycol, on 08 April 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

That's what I say about the nav screen, cuz then can adjust the settings.

Think you can adjust the settings without the nav screen.

Car without nav screen

http://www.autotrade..._2-5l?logcode=p

Comment

markmk, on 08 April 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:
                    Can nav be fitted to my car? I was surprised to see it did not have it fitted with it being an Elite model

I bet it can be done, but just involves some work and have to wait for them to come up for sale.

Comment

Personally i would just get a car with built in sat nav, save all the retro fitting hassle. Unless the car you getting is rare for coming up for sale like mine .

Comment

I do miss having an aftermarket stereo, but i wouldn't bother on newer cars from this insignia on wards. I would add an amp and change the speakers thats about it.

Fascia for insignia. Looks abit ugly

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a668fccaf

Comment

If the car ticks all your boxes, then i would say go for it and get more price knocked off it. If they don't walk away.

If it doesn't tick all your bosses, walk away anyway.

If it was me i like the with built in satnav, it would have TMS built in (bit like Traffic Announcement) comes in even when not using sat nav. Quite a nice feature to have, and you can also browse all the traffic incidents on the screen.

Comment

Working...
                          X