Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3000 miles later

Hi ppl. I am back ....

As some of you might know, we had our yearly trip to Romania, this time with the "pitzi" (siggy).

It was a nice 3000 miles round trip (plus a few more there) and i must tell you how pleased I am with the car.

Firsts things first. A huge thanks to UNILATERAL (Karl). you`re the man. He is a great fella, he installed the HIDS on my car, the main beam bulbs, the drls (that i got from gringo), i cannot recommend him enough for this type of jobs.

Karl, man, if you read this, huge thanks from me and my better half!!! (waiting fro the seats )

It was like we were driving in the daylight (although it was night), the only thing that spoiled the lights was the ****** stickers you have to put on the headlights to drive "safe" in Europe.

This is how the headlights looked like, before going , after Karl installed everything (the pictures are rubbish, they are taken with the phone)

The hids are 35watt from hids direct, the bulbs are from Karl, main beam from osram night beaker, and drls from gringo (ask him where he got them from)

And that`s how the car looked with the roof box on and fully loaded :

The trip was an absolutely pleasure, i must tell you, the car is made for motorways, very stable, easy to drive, cruise control perfect (whoever invented it, it deserves all the monies). I did not felt any tiredness at all, even after driving 18 hours (almost without stopping)

Consumption wise , the going was a little bit higher, as we had the car loaded as i said , she did 40.2 mpg at an average speed of 70 mph. The return was a little bit better, 46.6 mpg at the same average speed, so pretty much i am pleased with it.

If you thing about it, it had the roof box on top of it (loaded) and it had some weight on the boot as well, so i presume the consumption was ok.

I will have to dig trough the clips from the trip, as we had some "idiots" on the road, playing with the car, not driving, especially in Austria (where they think they own the world and the road).

This is how she looked on the way back, waiting to check in at the ferry, please notice the genocide on the roof box and the front bumper!!!

And this is me driving and a couple more pics with some new tattoos,??hope you enjoy it !!!

Once again, thanks to Karl and his handy hands and to gringo for the bulbs!!!

Pleased you had a good time mate. Your lights look excellent now.

Nice amount of road kill on the car too!

I cringe when I see tattoos being done after the pain I went through for the one on my back. Hurt like hell for weeks.

Did you bring me back the two Romanian ladies???

Comment

Hold on..... Are those driving gloves!!!

Comment

He's managed better mpg on his return journey with a roof box on than I do without one and an empty boot. They are not the most economical diesels by a long way.

Comment

Hey Man

How ong did it take you to get there? I really enjoy driving when the oother half and I went to slovakia last december. It was absolutely fantastic.

Which way did you go? Happy that you are back dafe and happy with extra tattos.

Take care.

Comment

690lee, on 27 April 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:
            lights look really good,.. but driving a diesel i wouldn't be too happy with those mpg's on such a long run even with a roof box and luggage..

I know but what can i do, you are perfectly right. With the vectra I was doing easily 50mpg, but is not a vectta and is not perfect. But I am happy to live with that. For the moment...

Comment

LeeHunter, on 27 April 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:
              Are these HID bulbs or a complete kit? Where do we stand on MOT time

It was a kit, from hids direct but I know someone (Karl) who preferred to drive home in the dark with normal bulbs and he gave me his bulbs....

Comment

Unilateral, on 27 April 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:
                Hold on..... Are those driving gloves!!!

Yes mate, driving gloves.....as soon as I get hold of a new pair, will give one to you ...if you want it (I have very sweaty hands, that's why)...

Comment

Dr Bee, on 27 April 2014 - 08:10 PM, said:
                  Hey Man

How ong did it take you to get there? I really enjoy driving when the oother half and I went to slovakia last december. It was absolutely fantastic.

Which way did you go? Happy that you are back dafe and happy with extra tattos.

Take care.

Hi mate, we left London, at 7pm, in the 06-04. At 9 we were in Dover, just in time for the ferry (wich was at 22:00). At 12 in the night we were in France (I will be using the UK time to make it easy). At 3 in the night we were crossing the German border. We slept from 3 till 6 in the morning and from 6 we only stopped to fuel up next to Frankfurt, then all they way trough Austria (near Wien), Hungary, and Romania. At 12:00 at night we stopped in Arad (Romania) slept for about 4 hours and then driving to my town (about 5 hours from the border). So, if I think about it, it took me roughly 40 hours.

The road was more then ok, no traffic, the way back we had some traffic in Germany, near Frankfurt and in Belgium near Bruxelles was heavy traffic. We had traffic on the m25 though, heavy one, Thursday evening when we came back.....

Comment

Unilateral, on 27 April 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:
                    Pleased you had a good time mate. Your lights look excellent now.

Nice amount of road kill on the car too!

I cringe when I see tattoos being done after the pain I went through for the one on my back. Hurt like hell for weeks.

Did you bring me back the two Romanian ladies???

They will follow shortly, so make sure you pass from time to time near my house, maybe you can spot them.

Man, in Romania, right now they are about 23-24 ℃, they come out like the mushrooms after the rain, they were lots and really good ones, the amount of incident I was about to make looking at them while driving in the town. I had neck problems and probably you will get too if you go there...(maybe a bussiness trip is on the way, for a week or 2).....

Comment

LeeHunter, on 27 April 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:
                      Are these HID bulbs or a complete kit? Where do we stand on MOT time

Mate, thanks for reminding me...I need to check when the MOT is due, if they say anything will just switch them with the spare ones that I have . As far as I know they are not allowed to open the bonnet of the car, so they cannot say if I have HIDS or not ...but we will live and see !!!

Comment

Thanks Man

That brings back memories for me too since I shall be driving to Czech and then to Slovakia in May once again.

I love driving??just like your self. Have driven 17 hours non stop before.

It was amazing. Take care

Comment

Working...
                        X