Tuning boxes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning boxes.

Thanks for the above... just weighing up between remap and box on mine.

I suppose you get what they say you will get, but the temptation to drive harder with a box fitted would negate any gains in mpg....

Thorney now do a box that acts a little like the old piggy back chips. Plugs into the loom in a couple of places and gives you up to 35 bhp more. It's not a tuning box, more a remap in a seperate unit.

I've got one in mine now and it definitely shifts!

Comment

JDR, on 09 April 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:
      You sure last time I spoke to them they were offering a Superchips tuning box which plugged into fuel rail and turbo.

Nope. I'm not sure at all. I'm just going by what I was told by thorney. May have been sales hype. It works though so I'm happy!

Comment

I had a pro-bitz tuning box on my disco/3 tdv6,it really did make a difference in both faster response and also when driving normally up to 4/5 to the gallon more.they also offer a 1 moth refund if not satisfied.i am thinking of getting one for my siggy s/t 160.it may also be advisable to float it over your insurance company,as it is a performance aid and might invalidate your policy.

Comment

rnlisg, on 27 January 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:
          I had a pro-bitz tuning box on my disco/3 tdv6,it really did make a difference in both faster response and also when driving normally up to 4/5 to the gallon more.they also offer a 1 moth refund if not satisfied.i am thinking of getting one for my siggy s/t 160.it may also be advisable to float it over your insurance company,as it is a performance aid and might invalidate your policy.

just spotted the moth error,it should be month(not sure how many moths you get to the ? )

Comment

I had a box for 3 months and it was tied to the premature death of my dpf. How much of this is true I don't honestly know but having had a remap now I'd honestly recommend that as the way to go if you can.

Comment

Working...
            X