Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike hopper View Post
    I did mate but got no reply.... but I'll attempt again now
    Sorry dude....no introduction found, if you did, there would be plenty people welcoming you.

Also seen that Marko gave you the link to go to the new members section, but you didn't follow that one either.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      Sorry dude....no introduction found, if you did, there would be plenty people welcoming you.

Also seen that Marko gave you the link to go to the new members section, but you didn't follow that one either.

https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...arking-sensors
      Hopefully all now done

Comment

Hi all,

Nothing to really report, although I am back at square one.

So thought I’d give you an update just incase anybody stumbles on this thread with the same problem and they are attempting to fault find their own car.

A quick recap:

1)

When I purchased the car the original factory stereo would not pick up a station, just had the typical radio static noise that you get when searching for a station.

2)

Checked all fuses. No radio related problems.

3)

I purchased a new radio with hope that it would solve the problem. It didn’t, in fact it was just dead silent but the rest of the stereo worked. (eg nav, bluetooth etc)

4)

Replaced the Fraka to din cable. No change.

5)

Replaced ZA, ZK, ZD and ZL amp. No change.

Now you’d of thought over the last year I would of had a lot of time to sort this, but I have only just got around to venturing back to this problem.

I have managed to get a different stereo off of someone that is very similar to my current one and before I purchased it they showed the radio working. So I knew that if it didn’t work in my car, then the problem was not the stereo.

New stereo in (the third for this car haha) and I am quite literally back to how I purchased the car with the original stereo. The static radio noise that you get just before you tune into a station is back…. just that it doesn’t pick up a station.

This does mean that my previous radio was actually faulty.

But this also means that all the amps I changed didn’t fix the problem either.

I am thinking towards the grounding of the stereo, it’s almost like the static noise from the radio is saying “look I do work, but I just can’t pick up a station because…" well for what ever reason.

So I’m not sure if it’s a grounding issue or something like that, some sort of connection issue somewhere. Either way I’ll keep pottering around with this and if anything happens I’ll update you all.

I hope that you are all well, staying safe and listening to your radios

Comment

Have you tried another aerial ?
          Good loop isolators are the only next option
          but is this sound e,electrical interference.?
          or is it that the aerial is not powered on?

366-4677 marconi!

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
          X