Autoboxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autoboxes

Just a simple comparison of the Autoboxes I've had in cars. First three were BMWs and were very good. Next was Landrover and was similar and smooth as the BMs. Next was VW Scirocco DSG, super smooth and swift to move up the gears. Insignia, great to start with. Smooth but didn't move up the gears quickly enough so resulted in poorer mpg than my Landrover Discovery 2.7 V6. Back to VAG group and the s-tronic. I'm up in 4th by 22-25 mph and at 5th by 30mph. Results in excellent economy. Best of all it sits at 45mph in 7th where the siggy was lucky if it was in 5th. What are other auto drivers experiences?

CHUDLEIGHPAUL, on 15 April 2015 - 01:09 AM, said:
    My siggy is in 5th at 45mph, but won't change up to 6th until about 55. If you try manual shift, it just comes up with shift denied.
    This has always annoyed me, i could shift my auto zafira in to 6th gear doing 30mph..
    I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Yes I find the sane with mine, seems to want to be above 2k revs for it changes up.
      Once it's up in 6th I can slow down and it stays in 6th if I'm gentle.

Comment

Working...
      X