Holden Insignia VXR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holden Insignia VXR

Thought you might be interested to see the version "down under".

Some background ... Holden (the GM brand in Australia) used to bring in the Astra and Vectra for a number of years and badged them as Holdens (my wife has an AH Astra and I had a ZC CDXi Vectra for a number of years). Then they stopped and switched to some nondescript Korean jalopies. Opel thought they'd make a move in the market and challenge the likes of VW, so in 2012 they set up dealerships around the country and sold Opel Astras and Insignias. I bought a 2.0l turbo petrol Insignia. 11 months later Opel decided it was all too hard and shut up shop (with subsequent resale tailspin for everyone who bought an Opel badged vehicle, even though support through Holden was assured). Now in 2015, Holden has decided to again sell the Astra and Insignia with Holden badges. I've just bought the Insignia pictured below.

So far the available Insignia is the VXR, auto with paddles (no manual available) and the only options to choose from are the colours - blue, black, white, silver.

Exterior looks the same as those in the Northern Hemisphere:

Interior is also similar:

Centre console has the GM Mylink system - called Intellilink in Europe:

And the driver display has a configurable centre screen:

Which can display all sorts of stuff (including a g-force meter; lap time, tyre pressures, map, audio info etc):

There's also a very good radar adaptive cruise control system - not sure if that's on the Northern Hemisphere variants.

Happy to answer any questions.

Cheers,

Peter
    Last edited by peterdw; 28-08-2016, 11:02 AM.

All I can say is that is a very nice car!! Is that the same vxr grill we get over here now as well. Same as all the other insignias isn't it?
    sigpic

Comment

Stunning. They do it well down under.

Comment

Lovely motor

I'm gonna ask my dealer at 1st service if they can enable that performance menu on the petrol turbo. Looks very impressive. I would imagine it is just a software thing that needs enabling..............obviously would not expext the G meter as I would have thought that needs some type of hardware / sensor
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Andy G, on 02 October 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:
          Be interested to know what Driver Display options you have in VXR mode.

There are six options (no boost):

Last edited by peterdw; 28-08-2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

0011728, on 02 October 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:
            .....obviously would not expect the G meter as I would have thought that needs some type of hardware / sensor

Maybe ... although could it be the same sensor that adapts the auto transmission when on hills (eg. holding gear when going down an incline)? Which I guess would be the same sensor for the alarm which triggers if the car is tilted.
            Last edited by peterdw; 28-08-2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Andy G, on 29 October 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

Just noticed from the interior shots that you don't have the scratchpad on the centre console, to the right of the electronic handbrake.

That is an optional extra over here too.

Comment

Andy G, on 29 October 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:
                Just noticed from the interior shots that you don't have the scratchpad on the centre console, to the right of the electronic handbrake.

Yes, everything is entered via the touch-screen. The scratchpad isn't an option here - in fact there are no options apart from paint colour.

Comment

Working...
                X