No announcement yet.

Looking after my dad car oh boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch!!!! Got to be one thing that's causing everything else to throw out an error but finding that one thing is easier said than done.
    sigpic

Comment

Pondy81, on 24 February 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:
      Ouch!!!! Got to be one thing that's causing everything else to throw out an error but finding that one thing is easier said than done.

Yeah its trying to find out what. I think i need to speak to a auto-electrician.

Comment

Well I have seen an auto-electrician who is my colleagues husband, he seriously believe it is a software issue. He spent sometime looking at each fault section to see which is the main cause, he first thought it was a canbus controller issue, then the car did other weird things which he then points it could be a software issue. For example because is an automatic you have to press the brakes to start it and the foot pedal symbol lights up, but it started without pressing the brake pedal. Then other things can be like no bend light, brakes workshop warning, no foot pedal symbol on turning on the ignition, car may start then cut out or not start at all. Turning off the ignition then on again clears it and it will work fine.

So a trip to the dealers I guess for software update.

Comment

Good Day Sriray

Hope you are well. Did you manage to get this sorted for your Dad? If nothing else fails - take it back to the garage where your Dad bought it and say this car is defective and dangerous to be driven around.

I am sure they will sort it out immediately.

God Bless and have a positive day.

Sign out - Dr Bee 30.03.2016 - Malaysia

Comment

BriggMacca, on 29 March 2016 - 09:31 PM, said:
            What was the outcome Ray? did you get it sorted?

Not yet still the same. I took it to an auto-electrician (a colleagues husband) he knows his stuff, at first he thought it maybe the canbus gateway, then the car did other things which then he seriously believe it is software issue so a software update should fix it. So i got it booked in a stealer for a diagnostic, if there is software update available it will get downloaded and installed.

Comment

Dr Bee, on 30 March 2016 - 09:21 AM, said:
              Good Day Sriray

Hope you are well. Did you manage to get this sorted for your Dad? If nothing else fails - take it back to the garage where your Dad bought it and say this car is defective and dangerous to be driven around.

I am sure they will sort it out immediately.

God Bless and have a positive day.

Sign out - Dr Bee 30.03.2016 - Malaysia

Hi Dr Bee,

I'm fine thanks. Hope you are well and enjoying the weather in Malaysia .

My dad had the car 3 years now, if only they could take it back, it would solve our problem . Thank you for your suggestion

God Bless, and enjoy your hot weather over there.

Comment

georgefish, on 30 March 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:
                I sell parts for these vw group heaps of junk, and on Octavia models with this issue it has been rectified by turning lock to lock, twice. might not be the same issue, but possible??

Its doing other stuff, like throwing errors on ignition, turn it off and on sorts it till next restart happens.

Comment

In at the stealers tomorrow.

Comment

georgefish, on 31 March 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:
                    any word from stealers yet......

No updates yet, as expected they are scratching their heads. They have kept the car over night. See what they say later. Prob not a lot has changed, we think it might be this sir that needs replacing, but it will cost you money even if it doesn't fix the issue. Its all well if it was under warranty as the parts will be covered, but unfortunately no warranty, and them replacing unnecessary parts will cost us the customer money. Not paying for their in-expertise.

690lee, on 31 March 2016 - 10:00 PM, said:
                    protect ya no claims then- BURN IT...

Sounds like you tried it .

Comment

690lee, on 01 April 2016 - 02:06 PM, said:
                      it did cross my mind with my old insignia like..

Obviously it did not put you off enough to not buy another

Comment

News update. The stealers thought it might be the fuse box then moved onto wiring and finally canbus gateway.

I had in mind either software or canbus gateway from speaking to an auto electrician before it went in to the dealers.

The damage would be £430 iirc.

Comment

Hello Sriray

Hope this will be esolved soon and thank you for the well wishes. Yes - it is very hot here in Malaysia - around 36 to 40 degrees.

Well - I am sure stau=ying indoors with air con full blast.

Send my warm wishes to all.

Gos Bless all. - Dr Bee Malaysia - 04.04.2016

Comment

Working...
                          X