Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dial LED conversion How To...... Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still do them. I did someone’s cluster last week.

if you guys are close then maybe we can arrange a day when I get both sorted?

Comment

• That would be brill. Do you supply the led's too ?
      I can be free whenever really

Comment

• Originally posted by Unilateral View Post
        I still do them. I did someone’s cluster last week.

if you guys are close then maybe we can arrange a day when I get both sorted?
        Hi bud, just wondering if you would still be up for replacing the LEDS on my IPK as they are getting worse .
        Fancy helping a brother out ?
        Thanks

Comment

• This is something I'd be interested in aswell if your in planning on making a trip to the North West Unilateral as some of my leds are not working. I'm not too far from both Wigan or Liverpool either.
          Retro fit Navi 600 with 3d maps & reverse camera. Powerfold, and heated leather.
          So far...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasper View Post
            This is something I'd be interested in aswell if your in planning on making a trip to the North West Unilateral as some of my leds are not working. I'm not too far from both Wigan or Liverpool either.
            Jasper , im hoping he sees this. I think RBH mentioned he hasnt been on here since April so it may not look good.
            Theres a company down south who does them either by sending the clocks to them or they do a drive in service.

Its Essex or somewhere like that so a bit of a Hike.

Be good if Unilateral saw this though as we could all get them done En Masse, unless someone else fancies having a go for us 3 !

Comment

• It is an old thread and I've too also seen he's not been on since April so was just trying my luck really.

Yeah I've seen companies on the net that can redo them by sending them your dials in the post, it's a case of not having use of my car for a few days which would be difficult. The other option for me would to be to buy a second hand set then find someone who can programme them to the car. The leds start off working but over a journey one by one they start to go off.

it would be good and worth a trip over if he could help the 3 of us at the same time.
              Retro fit Navi 600 with 3d maps & reverse camera. Powerfold, and heated leather.
              So far...

Comment

• Hi all,

Thank you for very much for the detailed guid (special thanks to Unilateral). just did mine last week.
                A couple of things to watch (for unexperienced ones like me ) :
                The needle position (especially the temp and fuel if you want convert their SMDs too)
                be carful when u heat near the temp/fuel needles, excessive heat might harm the needle axe, the plastic might melt and get stuck (that was my case, but I was lucky to get the movement back by re applying a little heat and forcing turn with clip)
                check the polarity yourself, if you don't have 3v , use one of your remotes (TV, Sat receivers ..etc), I got red SMDs with the chopped side on the positive side (had to solder one SMD 3 times before I figured it out),
                I re fitted my radio in the right place as I never did since I tested it first time

At the end, very happy with the result.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                X