Visit to a showroom today getting ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit to a showroom today getting ready

I must have been lucky! My 520d was the best engine of any car I've had, closely followed by the 523 straight 6 petrol!

One thing I miss about the 6 is its soundtrack!! Purred!!

Comment

So true! I'm not too keen in the tractor noise of the 4 pot!

Comment

Dave, yer mental!!!

Comment

Haha! Love yer rants! Brilliant! I now have a feeling mines is fixed. VX have contradicted themselves again so will see tomorrow. Won't say much on here but it will be a different kind of fight after tomorrow!

Comment

110 million minimum matey! Fingers crossed its me!!

Comment

andy-g, on 29 March 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:
              If your after a long term car with minimal problems I'd go Jap !

Just be??a bit wary of Toyota/Lexus. They've been throwing out recall notices like confetti in recent years.

If I had the readies, I might go for a Jag XF Sportbrake.
              Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

Is it my imagination, or are the tyres on that Seat Exos under width for the rims?

They're just asking to be kerbed!

Comment

dave16v, on 30 March 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:
                  what the profile or width??

The width mate.

To me, the tread on those tyres looks to be a about 10 - 15mm too narrow. The side walls are tapering towards the tread, so there is little or no protection for the rims, as they are the widest point of the wheel.

I would expect on a correctly sized tyre, whatever the profile, that if an imaginary line were drawn from the edge of the tyre tread to the edge of the wheel rim, it would be at right angles to the wheel's axis. Then the curve of the side wall would be outside the width of the rim, and the rim is protected from kerbs and potholes.

It is fashionable in some Custom Car quarters, to "stretch" narrower tyres onto broader rims, to enhance the appearance. For instance fitting a 235/40x20 on a rim that would normally have a 255/35x20. There is a whole debate on the legality of the practice. The links that I have attached show the effect when taken to the extreme.

http://www.torquecar...tched-tyres.php
                  http://www.ukpoliceo...y-legal-or-not/

Comment

Working...
                  X