Thinking of changing phone providers, or getting a better deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of changing phone providers, or getting a better deal

I'm up for renewal in 4 weeks time and I'm moving to EE. Much better coverage and there 3G is 5 times faster than my crap Sky Wifi! I can get discount through a mate so will work out cheaper per month. I only want the iPhone 4S as I only use it to email, text and browse. So don't need anything special. Have a look. The last time I got put through to O2 retentions they done me a great deal. iPhone 3GS 600 x network minutes, free o2 to o2 calls, unlimited text and 500 MB data, free phone and 21.50 a month. Great deal at the time. If I can get same deal on an IPhone 4S then I might stay!!!

andy-g, on 28 April 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:
    You don't fancy the 5 Scotty ??

I've the 4S and a mate at works got the 5 on EE and its so much quicker than mine with the downloads !

If I can get the phone free and pay the same then I'd go for one but I'm not a must have the best tech sort of person. If it can text, email, play music and browse then I'm happy! As long as its not a blackberry!

Comment

If they can't better the deal then just ask them to cancel and they'll put you through to retentions!

Comment

I think asking for you PAC code will generate your final bill, if you're towards the end of a contract it won't end it but you will be billed for the duration. If you keep using the phone after the end of your contract then I'd guess they'll keep billing you. To be honest if they send the PAC code out then they haven't offered a better deal, so you aren't staying with them!

I love my Android phone. Wouldn't have an iPhone for all the money in the world but that's just because I don't subscribe to the Apple ecosystem and don't much care for the software set up. Although be warned the Bluetooth in the insignia doesn't play nice with the latest Android software.

Comment

Firstly my phone is a Nexus 4.. so latest software. It's also custom software i.e. tweaked by an individual after google.

The Bluetooth works but there's about a 40 sec delay between me telling the car to make the call and the call being made. Also if I turn the bluetooth off sometimes the phone will need a restart to work properly.

I think the bluetooth problems will be fixed either by an Android update or a Vauxhall update.

A point of note is the bluetooth works fine in the wife's' Corsa and with my Bluetooth audio receiver in the car.

If you use the Bluetooth all of the time then, as much as it pains me to say, maybe hold off on Android. If you use it now and again like me then a slight delay in making the call won't bother you too much.

You could always ask a shop to check the bluetooth in your car for you as you've heard of problems. If the shop is close enough to the car I'm sure someone wanting a sale will come and pair it to check it works!

Comment

6GB of Internet? That's some amount of data you use. I use about 500mb as a Max each month

Comment

Working...
            X