Tips and Tricks on the Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markymarcus71, on 26 March 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:
    My welcome lights work during daylight hours, there may be something in the settings to alter that but I don't really know.

Waste of power really turning on during daylight.

I'm sure someone will come along soon to give us an answer.

Comment

I think they all have autolights. Otherwise you're right Lee. The Mrs welcome lights on her Corsa come on in the day

Comment

Hi sigsigsiggy,

thatsbecause you probably dont have electric windows on the rear doors as for some stupid reason they discontinued them and only fitted them in the front doors you need to have alround electric windows for that to work.

Robbie

Comment

It's a great feature which I use far more than just 6 times a year. What I would like is a setting whereby it automatically drops the windows on unlocking when the internal temperature is higher than X and it isn't raining.

I don't think you can rubbish the feature just because you have a broken or dodgy key.

Comment

I have owned 3 insignias the first being a 2012 Sri hatch and this car was the only one out of the 3 that the headlights always came on when unlocking the car the same as yours does it was looked at by the dealer a few times and they changed the daylight sensor the headlight control ecu and a couple of other things and then decided that for some reason they could not do anything and said it was meant to do this even though we looked at another car and it didn't do it

My next 2 cars do not come on in daylight there have been a few others reporting the same thing but it's just something that some cars do for some reason

Comment

Has someone tried to pinch your car or had you done something?
              sigpic

Comment

That message came on mine once when I left my daughter in the car,walked away locked it then realised she was in car then opened it,it then relocked itself as none of the doors were opened then the alarm went off.when I came back this message was on dic
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Works in manual as well
                  sigpic

Comment

Not sure if its across all models but on my vx line the drivers headrest has a tilt out function on a ratchet style mechanism

Only found it when loading a load of stuff for the tip and caught it with a box

Still almost impossible to actually use as a head rest when driving along.

Comment

It's somewhere in the configuration settings
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I would like to know why the stop start eco system starts the engine when I open the door.

What's the point in that

Comment

To remind you it's still turned on I guess,,,if you don't have your seat belt on and ignore the warning chimes till it stops then stop the car,,open the door,it won't start,bit of useless info there

Comment

I found out today that if you lock the car but you have left a window open, keep your finger on the fob 'lock' button for 2 seconds and the window will close.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire pud View Post
                              I found out today that if you lock the car but you have left a window open, keep your finger on the fob 'lock' button for 2 seconds and the window will close.
                              Yeah its a great feature. If you hold the button when the windows are all closed...They will all open. Great to let some air in as you approach the car on a hot sunny day.
                              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I noticed that when turning of the engine while the windscreen wipers aren't in their rest position, you can let them return with the ignition off by push the windscreen wiper control handle down once...

Comment

Working...
                                X