• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent price. I'm going to have to get my arse into gear

Comment

And note made.. Don't try to race and silver insignias in Kendal

Comment

Westgate Tyres

?180 is cutting the centre pipe, sleeving a 'Y' piece on, then making pipes to the rear and then tailpipes....no rear boxes.

They said if??wanted it catback, it would be about an extra ?100

Comment

I might just strap an extra tail pipe on. Even cheaper

Comment

I've also just bought some 3M di noc carbon vinyl to have a go at my grill bars.

I think i'll be doing it the hard way and taking the bumper off, grill off and doing the bars off the car.....i think i'd lose my patience doing them on the car, and end up breaking something like a headlight, or punching the bonnet!

Comment

So exhausts... Is it better catback or not? So many things I'd like to do but struggle justifying them to the Mrs

Comment

jmagee, on 19 February 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:
                So exhausts... Is it better catback or not? So many things I'd like to do but struggle justifying them to the Mrs

I don't think it actually matters in all honesty, it's not like a petrol where you'd get abit extra bhp and sound with a cat-back vs backbox etc.

The centre pipe from the cat is quite a big diameter anyway with no boxes so it's as good as free flowing as you would get with a cat back system, although being stainless it will last better.

The only issue i can see with getting the centre pipe cut and sleeved is that if the centre pipe lets go at any point, it wouldnt be just a bolt-off bolt-on job.

Your best bet would be find 2nd hand parts, as that wouldnt cost as much, and hence not as much ear-ache from 'er in doors'

Comment

Well alloy refurb first and a dent removed. Then a remap I think. Finishing with exhausts. Problem is convincing her indoors that I won't get rid in 12 months

Comment

Poe, on 20 February 2014 - 06:49 AM, said:
                    Looking great mate. Definitely gonna debadge mine.

Out of interest, how much was your remap ?

Thanks Poe

Remap was ?280.

By the way, how are Tinky-Winky, La-La and Dipsy doing these days? I've not seen you guys on TV for ages!

Comment

Poe, on 21 February 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:
                      That ones an imposter

I've been around longer than that one mate

Ha ha ha, bang on

Comment

Thanks Guys
                        Some boxes arrived today

anyone any guesses what could be inside?
                        Last edited by marko301; 19-09-2016, 10:22 PM.

Comment

JDR, on 13 March 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:
                          VX-Line Body Kit

Good guess, well done ha ha

Comment

JDR, on 13 March 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:
                            Funnily enough I just got a call an hour or so ago letting my know my Front VX-Line splitter has been painted and is ready for pickup, grabbed it from ebay for ?25 with some scuffs.

Will pick it up first thing tomorrow and fit it at work, someone mentioned just using good double sided tape rather than a bonding glue, think I'll go with the glue since I have no plans to remove it, will see how it looks on its own, have the rear on route, but don't want to go spending ?220 on side sills unless it will look stupid without.

The only thing I actually need to know is how long the screws for the arch which come with the fixing kit are, luckily the one I bought still had the wedges and plugs, but no screws.

It might look abit front heavy with no side skirts....i remember seeing a Vec C with just the front XP lip and no skirts, that looked unlevel.

It shows fitting with glue and some tape....i'd bond it on to be safe, you dont want it flying off at speed!

I'll have a look at the screw length for you, might not be til weekend though

Comment

al j, on 14 March 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:
                              So does the vx kit just sit ontop of your standard bumpers then??

Basically yes.

Comment

edwardcasbon, on 20 March 2014 - 06:28 PM, said:
                                Where did you order these from please? Were they expensive?

Cheers,

Edward

I got them from ebay, seller is 'stoneacredirect'

I wouldnt say they are expensive, actually very cheap really when you consider how much Vauxhall want for them, and best way is to buy them individually like i did, as i asked for a price with combined postage and they wanted to charge me more than buying sperately!!!

Here are the links:

Front Skirt:

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

Rear Skirt:

Side Skirts: (If you buy them, buy from this link, as they have two listings for sideskirts both with different postage, this one is cheaper )

Comment

Working...
                                X