Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2009 CDTi 160 SRi

Well i've finally got round to starting a thread in here on my Insignia
    Some of you will know i joined on here in March of last year, having recently bought a 2009 CDTi 160 SRi, :
    also some of you may remember i had a problem with it, in that it had quite a shimmy through the whole car when under acceleration, more details here:
    After everything that had been done, another car was sourced and purchased in August of last year and i'm very happy with it
    So this thread will be about this very car
    I admit i havent taken many pics of this car so far, and non before i swapped the wheels over (more about that later), but ive taken some fresh ones today after having the chance just after washing it!
    Here are a few from the dealer it was purchased from:

One of the first things i did was to de-badge the rear, i was going to just remove the 'CDTi' badges, which i did at first, but then i took the 'INSIGNIA' badges off and it looks alot better in my opinion...

Next on the list was a set of mats....I mulled over a set from Vauxhall, but they didnt 'do it' for me, they were too thin and looked abit plain...I love Irmscher mats, but i dont love the price of them, so I decided to buy from Autostyle as i had thier mats in my Calibra and they are excellent quality and the company themselves are great to deal with and you can customise how you want....and they use the same fixings as OE
    So as i liked the look of the Irmscher mats, i went with a similar style, of Black carpet with Silver effect leather-cloth bindings (They look light-Grey or White in the pics, you'll just have to trust me) and also the embroidered 'SRi' logo, which is not too far away from the genuine 'SRi' logo Vauxhall use
    The mats:

Yeah i know, alot of pics of mats, but i love em, can you tell?
    The alloys on this car were quite scabby and kerbed and i'd been thinking of getting them refurbished or going down the aftermarket route...after much umming and aahh'ing a set of 2012 style SRi wheels and tyres came up for sale on here at a good price and i bought them.
    They were all like this when bought:
    and rather than just fit them as they were i wanted to give them a right good clean and protect inside and out with abit of wax, so out came the wheel cleaner and brushes, which did this: (Sorry about blurry pics, i got the shakes )
    and after abit of a waxing:

Last edited by marko301; 19-09-2016, 06:59 PM.

33 Views and no comments?? You bloody miserable bunch!

a few close-ups of the flake

and i bought 4 new centre caps to go on them:

and finally onto the present day , these pics i took this morning after giving the car a good clean:

I had a mess with some effects on my camera with this one....not sure

and a small addition to the rear end this afternoon:

I don't normally like stickers etc but i do like these 'Neverbeen' decals, they are such a piss-take
    Well i hope you all enjoyed looking at my car....this thread will be updated with new things and pics as and when
    Further plans are (In no particular order) a Viezu BlueOptimize remap, change of exhaust with twin tails...either just the backboxes or a cat back system, new Kenwood speakers which i already have but never had chance to fit them yet!, upgrade bulbs for the front end, polarg type sidelights, and Ring Xenon Ultima High and Low beam, a VX-Line kit and modding the grille, rear tinted windows..also thinking of getting my piano black trim, carbon dipped ....and who knows what else....I may change the wheels again, as i'm not 100% sure of them
    Last edited by marko301; 19-09-2016, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Very nice and shiny. The wheels suit it. De-badged is the way to go but why add a sticker?

Comment

Cheers Scotty

I put the sticker on as abit of a piss-take really to all of the scabby little boy-racer cars you see with the Nurburgring sticker, that have never been near or probably wouldnt even make it there...I kinda like it too ...it's bound to divide opinon

Comment

I'm not sure.. Need to see it in the flesh I think

Seriously looking good mate. Does look good with the rear debadged... very tempted. A nice cheap mod. Which method did you use?

Comment

PS fancy cleaning mine?

Comment

JDR, on 07 February 2014 - 11:42 PM, said:
              I really should de-badge as it looks much nicer, nice job on cleaning the wheels its all looking nice.

Thanks JDR

?jmagee, on 07 February 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:
              Does look good with the rear debadged... very tempted. A nice cheap mod. Which method did you use?

I got some fishing line & made a decent sized loop, then fed it between top of each letter and the body and gently pulled, and they lifted off quite easily, only leaving minimal adhesive, which was removed with Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover, then polished to protect....it must be due to the relative youthfullness of the car that they came off easily, i've de-badged all my previous cars which have been older than the Insignia, and they were alot harder, and left all the adhesive and foam stuck to the bodywork.

?al j, on 08 February 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:
              Are the badges just glued on then? ? Is it just a matter off peeling them off and cleaning what's left over?

They are stuck using double sided foam from the factory, they come off reasonably easy as its a newish car

?Insignia_Lee, on 08 February 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:
              Very nice mate!

Thanks Lee

Comment

Netsky2, on 08 February 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:
                Looking good madvaux well done.

Thanks Netsky

?gringo, on 08 February 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:
                Very nice, the new wheels instantly make it look years younger...

Thanks gringo

Yeah we said about the wheels taking a few years off the car when i picked them up ....only people 'in the know' will know this though

Comment

Remap booked on Monday

Comment

al j, on 14 February 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:
                    Where u chosen 2 get it done pal???

At Larton Engine Developments in Morecambe, as he's the local Viezu dealer

Plus i've had my Calibra on the rollers there

Quoted figures should have it to 185bhp and 295lbft with an estimated 15% increase in MPG

Comment

In which case you've got to call into the meet in Lancaster...

Comment

Looks damn good, just seen this post must have been a day of many threads when it was added, make me laff u have a rubber mat over the sri mats hmm. anyway car looking clean its actually sunny here today already been out washed and polished the car looks so much better though fingers froze but well worth it.. i use poor boys wax on the alloys they come up a treat and are protected for around 3 months.

Comment

jmagee, on 15 February 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:
                          In which case you've got to call into the meet in Lancaster...

I don't think i'll have time sorry, i've got to get back for an appointment.

andy-g, on 15 February 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:
                          Very nice but loose the never been sticker !

Thanks

The sticker is staying.

paddyc, on 15 February 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:
                          Mad, if you like your sticker bloody keep it on mate. Your car is looking very tidy. I have a 12 plate SRi with the alloys you have bought as standard, it's great to see someone actually buying these as preference over the twin spokes. I really like the so-called "Turbines" and I have no intention of changing.

I've been doing some minor, low-cost modding myself and new mats are on my shopping list. You have inspired me to look at buying the ones you have, the SRi badge as you say isn't a million miles away from Vaux standard and they look like they fit perfectly!

As for the de-badging, I will definitely be doing this, yours is one of a few recently I've seen. On my carbon black I reckon this will class it up a good amount...

Thanks for posting your progress...

Thanks, yeah the wheels are growing on me i have to say, alot better than the kerbed, corroding originals that were on it, which fecked me off everytime i cleaned them, and they make the car look a few years younger too

The mats are great, really good quality and they do fit well, although in my opinion they could have been a tiny bit wider to fill the foot-well better, but that's just me.

I thought the rear looked abit plain without the badges just after i'd de-badged, but it soon looked alot better

Keep an eye on this thread, more to come

adrian1987, on 16 February 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:
                          I really like the fact that you cleaned the wheels...not that many people think about cleaning them on the interior but it just feel so much better when you do it...you really clean the car...the mats look nice..the wheels are just...amazing..well done..looks brilliant.

Cheers, i do try

I clean the inside of the wheels on all the cars ive had, at least once a year i take them off and give them a good scrub, de-tar and waxing, i think it helps in the long run

Russ, on 16 February 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:
                          Looks damn good, just seen this post must have been a day of many threads when it was added, make me laff u have a rubber mat over the sri mats hmm. anyway car looking clean its actually sunny here today already been out washed and polished the car looks so much better though fingers froze but well worth it.. i use poor boys wax on the alloys they come up a treat and are protected for around 3 months.

Thanks Russ

I have the rubber mat over the drivers mat to stop alot of muck and water getting into them, plus it stops the wear and pile flattening you get from your heels constantly in the carpet.

My shoes at work get alot of muck on them and as you can see the rubber mat is filthy, if it wasnt there the drivers mat would have that dirt on it....and these are not cheap mats.

I used Meguiars Tech-Wax on my wheels.

Comment

See the last line of the thread above yours mate

Comment

That's it remapped now

Instantly i could feel the car fealt smoother and definitely had some more grunt, and i could hold lower gears longer meaning it pulled better at lower revs, happy days

I have got a quote for twin tails too from local powerflow dealer...?180! which i think is bloody good .....although i want to get the VX Line kit first so the tails sit how i want them with the rear skirt

Comment

Working...
                              X