No announcement yet.

My insignia 09 Sri nav 130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll notice the ride is alot harder and louder with the new wheels and tyres...i noticed the difference going from 18's to 19's so you going from 17's to 19's will feel like it's running on solid tyres.

I actually preferred my previous Insignia SRi with it's 17" alloys, the ride was superb.

How people say they dont notice any difference when they go from 18's to 20's is beyond me.

Comment

Well they are on. To be honest I only had a quick drive back but didn't really notice to much difference.

What is the correct tyre pressure for these, asked the garage to check but looks like front two age a tad flat do want to check myself. -
      Last edited by Pondy81; 28-08-2016, 06:52 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

They are the same pressure as the 17's IIRC, have a look in your owners manual....although they may look flat due to the smaller sidewall.

Comment

Cheers. Yeah I'm not sure if it's the smaller sidewall or not. Will check the manual later
          sigpic

Comment

I run mine at 35psi all round, a balance between comfort and Eco pressures. I've noticed very little difference between 18s and 19s.

Comment

Ok checked the pressure in the manual and for 3 people it says comfort 35 psi and for eco 39 psi so i went for 37 psi..

have to say ride is not much different at all although i have only done about 2 miles since.

So happy with the wheels though and although my mate panicked me to begin with on the refurb as he said the paint bubbled it has turned out superb and an exact colour match.

vx-line bodykit should arrive tomorrow and then unless something changes my car goes next tuesday to have kit painted and kit fitted.. can't wait to see it all finished..
              sigpic

Comment

Body kit just been picked up to be sprayed tomorrow. Kit is getting fitted Friday so should have some pictures for the weekend for you all.
                sigpic

Comment

Kit all sprayed and car just been collected and getting fitted tomorrow. Excited!

Last edited by Pondy81; 28-08-2016, 06:57 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Just a few pics. Really happy with the kit

Debadged back today as well while waiting for sat Nav to update new maps

Last edited by Pondy81; 28-08-2016, 06:59 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Looking good that mate

Comment

looking good mate,never seen a siggy with aerial at the front of roof
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Was wondering who was going to notice that. The guy I gotnit from was a taxi driver and used this car for school runs so that was his taxi aerial. I was going to get it removed, filled and roof resprayed when I had kit done but was an extra 150 quid and due to the fact it is not a complete eye sore I decided to leave for now. May still get it done at somepoint.
                          sigpic

Comment

Aye,,,,150 quid ,it would stay put
                            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

You could always get the front aerial removed and fit a flat low profile rubber grommet/plug?

Comment

Yeah I did think of that but think there is 3 screw holes so that's 3 plugs and I would always worry about it leaking. It's not to noticeable so I will just leave as is until I have the money to get it removed and resprayed
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X