Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

service rear axle ? / service 4x4 system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• service rear axle ? / service 4x4 system?

Had these messages on my vxr,

The fluids and seals in the rear diff were replaced,I wouldn't chance leaving it to long or youl knack the lot!!
    sigpic

And yes,the 4x4 system does need a seperate service,

Just that vauxhall don't do em!!
    sigpic

Comment

Yes ,it's a common??problem.

If vx change the fluid on a service basis,could solve a problem!!

Mine went after 12000 miles.
      sigpic

Comment

Yer mate,feel for ya,

Vx told me it would take a day,but that turned into 2 days,don't think they realised how big of a job it was.

Never had any issues after that,but only had the car for a further 8k before selling.

The good thing is you got the warning messages,some don't and if the oil in the diff fails,it will start to grid itself to death and then the whole diff will need replacing and that ant cheap,and to make you more happy-it needs doing 'right' .as some vxr owners ended up needing new prop shafts!
        sigpic

Comment

I gather it's the same as the vxr,but as I've said that shoves 320 bhp through the diff,

It's haldex that do the awd system,used on some expensive cars,porche,Audi and I think the Bugatti veyron.

Guess they gave vx the **** left over!
          sigpic

Comment

Yes do,interested on what they find,

Time to join the bm club mate!
            sigpic

Comment

VX will hire you a car if you have warranty and they know you will be off the road for more than a day.

That isn't evans halshaw on Bilston Road is it? Those useless pricks couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and I pretty much told them that last time they had my car.

Comment

Interested on the oil pump.is that to do with the diff?

And I'd had thought they'd would have the filter/oil/seals in stock! As its a common problem on the awd.

Glad you've got a hire car mate,one thing hey,

The only thing i had to wait for was a front shock,because it was a vxr and had to come from Germany,took 2 weeks !
                sigpic

Comment

Once it's fixed,it will be fine.

Many moan about vx,but to be fair they weren't bad on my motor.

But They know of the diff problem,and 'really' sud just admit it !

But on the lighter side....

Towing a caraban! Hope they carnt fix it and open the world of hotels for your next holiday!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice one,you got there...

Week and half,that is some time,but at least it sorted.

The 4wd does seem to baffle vx, but there must be plenty out there!

when they did mine,was mentioned they never done one before,

Anyhow,cars driving ok then, done the full lock turn?
                    sigpic

Comment

Yer,

Na,just reverse out on full steering lock,as far as the steering wheel will go,

Then do the same forwards, Test for juddering through the diff,
                      sigpic

Comment

Ouch,hopefully youl get sorted without to much cost.

Few have had to replace to whole lot.....remortgage !
                        sigpic

Comment

From my short experience (vxr) 12k, on vxronline,heard owt from 8k to 25k,and as said its not if it goes,it when it goes!
                          sigpic

Comment

Good result.

Comment

Old posts.but to logosil who said if not.done right.you need a.prop shaft.as some.owners have found can.you.explain.as i have.mine done and got.a rear wheel.shake at low rpm what are the signs off a bad propshaft dealer says they want to change that next cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X