No announcement yet.

tpms or not tpms that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you have the same drivers screen as mine. If you have tpms it should show on your screen when you toggle through.

Like this,

If it's not showing up when you toggle through. Go to settings, Info pages, Edit list and make sure you have a tick in the Tyre pressure box.

Like this,

If is isn't there, you don't have tpms. I thought all facelifts had it as standard though. It's odd you have rubber valves. They usually look like this on the facelift.

Excuse the dirty wheel

It could be a previous owner had them removed maybe?
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

That's what I thought. I want it sorting though as I spoke to vx Luton and they confirmed it was fitted when manufactured.

Comment

Iirc only the 64 plate onwards had TPMS fitted as standard, before that it was a £110 option. I would most likely say that the car was not fitted with TPMS and the sales rep is being more than lenient with the truth. If they have advertised the car as having TPMS then they have misold the vehicle.
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

By law any car registered after November 2014 must have TPMS as standard. check when the car was registered

Comment

I know it was a 63 14 plate but haven't got log book at hand. There was a check sheet which I signed that they signed off that the tpms was working. I think it wasn't checked!

Comment

PM me your number plate mate and I can tell you when it was registered

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY View Post
                PM me your number plate mate and I can tell you when it was registered
                Fg63 xas.

Comment

It was registered on the 21/11/2013.. I see you have the best colour aswell Not that I am biased or anything

Comment

I didn't want white really as they show all marks etc, but it's growing on me!

Comment

They are a nightmare when they are dirty but when they are clean I reckon they look amazing hahaha! Mine is stinking atm! https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...dirty-pics-lol

Comment

Lol dirty girl!

Comment

You aint wrong there haha

Comment

Where abouts are you from? We could all join you at the stealers and give them a piece of our mind

Comment

. Shropshire.

Comment

TPMS is designed for people who carry on regardless, when a man with no eyes could see that one or more tyres is losing pressure. If I'm bored on a motorway, I notice cars that clearly have uneven tyre pressures on the same axle. Proper drivers would feel or sense any meaningful loss in tyre pressure. TPMS readings are a 'snapshot' in time, which may or may not agree with the pressure you know the tyres have. Yes, TPMS is useful for signalling significant pressure loss, which some drivers would still ignore LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X