tpms or not tpms that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tpms or not tpms that is the question

Are you 100% you have the sensors fitted?

Could the wheels have been swapped and they just so happened to have the valves, I know it's happened before.

If you have TPMS you get the display on the speedo, which you don't have with the sounds of it.

Aye,just check in ur menu,

Agree,sound like u ain't got tpms.
    sigpic

Comment

Dealers will sometimes swap wheels around for customers if it clinches a sale. When I bought mine it had standard 17" wheels. I managed to get them to swap them for the 18's on another car as part of the deal.

Comment

It has been standard for a few months now. I think there is some EU directive coming in saying all cars will require it.

Comment

m8internet, on 14 August 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:
          TPMS was a ?110 option

So what cost ?300?
          Just because retail an option at ?110, it doesn't mean they will sell you the parts for ?110, each valve is ?60+ retail and the module is the rest.

?Lance, on 15 August 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:
          It has been standard for a few months now. I think there is some EU directive coming in saying all cars will require it.
          Correct, it will be standard across all cars from November 2014

Comment

Hi guys. My cat I bought Saturday is supposed to have tpms but no option on the computer to display pressures. It was fitted at the factory as I spoke to vx yesterday. I'm wondering why I've got nothing!

Comment

Very strange! Are your tyre valves metal, if not the sensors aren't fitted. Is this a new factory order?
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

No they're rubber which some are. Look on ebay. It's a pre owned 63 plate sri 2014.

Comment

Your best bet is going to be have a tyre taken off and have a look what is fitted
                  I have tpms and mine certainly has the metal stems it also has grey valve caps rather than the black ones

Comment

Press menu on the left stalk and scroll up and down. Do you have the tpms menu?

Comment

Stalk buttons gone on newer models on wheel now. Mrs out in the facelift but as far as I remember tyre pressures not shown on it, just alerts if pressure drops. Pre facelift displayed numerical pressure for each wheel. I could be wrong as I don't drive it much.

Comment

No, facelift has the menu too. Here's mine
                        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

that's different to mine. I'm taking it back to the stealers Thursday so we'll see what they say there.

Comment

That's because mine is a facelift with the optional 8" digital driver display. If yours has it the menu should look something like this

Comment

Mine is a 2014 facelift so has the newer dash too, just slightly different to yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X