Motor oil change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor oil change

Had my car serviced today. It had only done 7,000 miles since the last service last March. The bloody change oil light has been on for a week.

landy79, on 05 July 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:
    How do you reset the oil life via the menu stalk I've tried pressing clear but not happens.
    think when oil percent showing on screen keep button pressed in for couple of secs,with ignition on,,,,not engine running
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I think you have to depress the brake pedal too.

Comment

bridgey, on 12 May 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:
        probably an obvious quesion, but my warning has come on over the weekend.

Is it good enough to simply add new oil, or do i need to drain it down and add new stuff in,.... if so, is it an easy job to do yourself?

It is estimated oil life being displayed, not volume or quality (although quality would correlate with life). Adding more would just not be possible unless you drained the existing first, and you should change the filter at the same time.

Comment

t3eyes, on 23 May 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:
          I change mine as soon as it hits 0%. Its now 85% after a 3000 mile round trip.

I am still getting the Code 3

Changed radiator and EGR is perfect but still code 3 every so often and if I travel over 80mph for 60 miles.

After my last oil change I travel 400 miles before a code 3 came up. Strange I know, but Ive run out of ideas?

Can only think that there's some problem in the engine. Yet it drives like new.

Frustrating!!

Check for a coolant leak. Mine was the EGR cooler but it could be a faulty sensor or even a leak on the reservoir

Comment

Working...
          X