No announcement yet.

Fitting Leds to the Gear Stick Surround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I nearly fitted my own switch, just in case there was ever a time I wanted to go into "Stealth mode".

Comment

Fading supply would be the lights in the foot well.

Comment

That's to be on with ignition all the time I suspect

Comment

My footwell lights are wired to come on with the ignition & stay on. Looks pretty cool, especially with the tints.

Comment

Right guys, bit of advice on this if anyone's around.

I was planning on fitting to the cig lighter but I obviously don't want them on all the time, is it possible to connect to the electronic handbrake as this lights up when the lights are on.

Comment

Sparks, when do you want them on? If you want them all the time the headlights are on, wire them to the yellow at the back of the cigarette lighter, if you want them to come on with the courtesy lights, and then fade out, wire them to the foot well lights. I suppose you could fit switches, so you could change whenever you wanted to, but that would require thinking about, and I am not very good at that.

I am not sure when the electronic handbrake lights up, mine is the "proper one",????but it's always an option. If you are using LEDs, you can get a supply from almost anywhere, they draw very little so are safe. Let us know which option you go for - and send pics!

Comment

Haha cheers pal, I'm going to connect to the cig lighter so there on with the rest of the interior lights.

Just brought some wire and connectors so hopefully get them done today

Comment

Good call, I almost did that myself, but was worried they might be too bright. As it happens, they are perfect. I may have a change around next time I have the console out. Remember to post pics.

Comment

I've got the cig lighter disconnected, just about to ask, did you just cut the yellow wire or did you disconnect the battery and do it?

Also did you cut the black cable too and run the neg to that?

Comment

Sorry mate, I connected to the foot well lights. I may try the Cig lighter next time. I suppose you should disconnect the battery to be correct. I know there is no need if you are careful, but I wrote off an ECU once, just think how many seconds that saved me!

Comment

Oh right. Well in that case then I've done it using the cig lighter, worked a treat too, pics are in my other thread titled small mods

Comment

great how to,and a cheap one to boot.just fitted mine today,connected to n/s footwell light,did not remove consul but it looks fine,now waiting for it to get dark so "swmbo"can go out and try it .thanks red stoat for your input.

Comment

Gonna go for some white ones in the boot next, make it a bit of a lighter place

Comment

rnlisa - it's a pleasure to have been of some help.

sparksri - The LEDs in the boot look fantastic, I have them in all three of my boot lights.

Comment

You got any pictures pal?

Comment

Working...
                                X