No announcement yet.

HID Xenon Kit Installation - Facelift Insignias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No each side should work independently. You get a few comparison shots on the forum of one side hid and the other halogen. I'm wondering if they've sent out wrong wattage ballasts or bulbs something like 35w ballasts and 55w bulbs. HidsDirect made that mistake when they sent out a kit to one member on here.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
      No each side should work independently. You get a few comparison shots on the forum of one side hid and the other halogen. I'm wondering if they've sent out wrong wattage ballasts or bulbs something like 35w ballasts and 55w bulbs. HidsDirect made that mistake when they sent out a kit to one member on here.
      Ok so I tried again this morning and on first attempt no joy. I took everything apart and tried not using the extension as you suggested, but the two plugs wouldn't even clip together even though they looked like they should based on shape. So....I tried again reconnecting everything and low and behold it worked! Interestingly for one of the bulbs when on for the first 10 seconds or so it smoked, but then stopped! Hope this was just burning off some residue. Second side went out without a hitch and then I just managed to get everything into the headlight units themselves, so all in all I think it's all done!

So as long as the temporary smoke didn't mean anything I think I'm good to go! Thanks for your help.

Comment

Probably residue if it stopped. Glad you got it sorted....Lets see some pics then!
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I want to share my experience with different headlight bulbs. In my opinion HID xenon is a clear winner over (cheap) LED and halogen bulbs. I know there is hundreds different types of LED bulbs, but I used cheap ones (€20) only one good thing that they lights up instantly and that's it. The fan is very noisy they not even bright as stock 55w halogens the long bean pattern is all over the place. I made short comparison video to see the difference.

Comment

Nice comparison video. Those leds were terrible. You got what you paid for There are far better ones out there to give a better comparison and you can also get run quiet fans or mesh heat sink ones. They do get a bit costly though.

Comment

HI Guys, i have 2016 facelift tourer sri vxline, will i need canbus cancellers on a hid kit or not? not seen a definite answer and will it affect auto lights.?

Comment

Originally posted by Doughy View Post
                HI Guys, i have 2016 facelift tourer sri vxline, will i need canbus cancellers on a hid kit or not? not seen a definite answer and will it affect auto lights.?
                Will not affect the auto lights, hid kits usually come with canbus boxes to stop any errors appearing on the dash.

Comment

Hi all. Looking for some help. I had a london colour HID system fitted to my 2015 facelift and had no issues till a couple of months ago when the drivers side stopped igniting. Ive since bought a different kit off ebay and can I buggery get it to stay lit. It ignites initially then goes out and will not turn on again unless i disconnect the kit entirely, re couple then turn on again. Lasts about 30 seconds and goes out again. I think its an auto father kit.

It works with the old halagon bulb no problems but it really shows how poor they are.

The passenger side london colour still works fine.

Any advice on what could be the issue? Im reluctant to buy another london colour kit if it may be an issue with the system and not the bulb/balasts/kit. As ive bought replacement bulbs which didnt work and now a new kit which wont work and I dont have a money tree .

Thanks in advance.
                  Tris

Comment

It sound like one of the London colour ballasts have packed up and the new kit you tried is pants. Have you tried swapping the London colour ballasts around to see if the problem swaps sides?

Comment

Working...
                    X