Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah best buying aftermarket lights with built in projectors maybe
    but yeah same principle when installing really

TEAM HEKO WIND DEFLECTORS - Group buy now live ! go to for sale section for more details!
    2016 Insignia SRI NAV 170 VXLINE in power red
    Mods - Custom plates / Xenons 6k

Comment

Used this how 2 in order to fit my xenons and worked a treat! Cheers

Comment

Hi Everyone

I have purchased the HID upgrade kit for my Limited Edition Facelift Insignia from London Colour. They arrived yesterday, and I pleased to say they are working fine. However I'm having trouble trying to fit everything into the back of the headlight unit. I had to give up after a long frustrating hour and put the old bulbs back in as I was starting to lose the plot

Any advise on how to fit them in from anyone else who has managed would be appreciated. I was considering mounting the ballasts outside the unit, but not sure where the best place would be, plus I would need to drill the rear caps.

Comment

The London colour kit comes with some extra cables you can get rid of. They're extensions but you don't need them when fitting everything in the headlight housing. If you haven't already got rid, try that. It should give you more room.

Welcome to the forum btw
          Last edited by marko301; 24-01-2017, 11:40 PM.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Hiya mate. It is a tight fit but they will go in. Try to fold the wires onto the ballast rather than just pushing it all in

Comment

Thanks guys. I had another try this afternoon, and managed to get them in straight away this time. Not sure what I did different, but they are in now . I did a test drive this evening, and what a difference. They certainly put the standard 9012 bulbs to shame.

Comment

Originally posted by rob View Post
                They certainly put the standard 9012 bulbs to shame.
                Don't they just. The difference is massive!
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

A few of us have gone to led from hid have a look at Horizonleds.Co.Uk website.

Comment

Ah you beat me to it, BK

Comment

I got this for my facelift - http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/9012-35...onversion-kit/ which I found was a) much more affordable than an LED kit, b) it all fitted nicely inside the headlight unit and c) the light output is just fine.

Comment

These are the ones BK and me have in our headlights. http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exterio...d-headlight-v2

They're not cheap but they're fanless so don't need much room behind the bulb so the cover goes on the back of the light no problem. They have a mesh heat sink that you spread. Very easy to install.

Comment

Literaaly cannot belive the price of those! crazy haha

Comment

Yeah there are a lot cheaper ones out there with fans but the space is so tight behind the bulb I don't know if you'd get the cover back on.

Comment

Ah fair enough

They do look cool though

Comment

Mine has fans on,,,I like fans ,,,,joking aside ,there's no improvement over hids imo,,,,but they're instantly on,no warm up time,,i chose LEDs as i had a flickering xenon which was doing my head in
                                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                                X