HID Xenon Kit Installation - Facelift Insignias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID Xenon Kit Installation - Facelift Insignias

Ok guys i thought id do a recent how to guide for any newbies or people who may have installed these kits before in other cars eat but every car make id different in most cases , this guide is my own interpretation / take on the install ,this guide was correct for me and i take no responsibility for your own installation.

CAR - 2016 Insignia

HID KIT - london colour http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

KIT SPEC - 35w error free ballasts , 9012 6000k bulbs

TIME - under 1 hrs (depends on your ability) can be installed in around 20 mins tho.

TOOLS REQUIRED - none needed

DIFFICULTY - 3/10

OK so ill keep it as simple and straight forward as i can, we are going to install the HID kit and locate all the ballast and wiring inside the the headlight housing so it looks OEM and factory.

STEP 1 - remove the headlight cover from rear of housing .

on the drivers side its fairly easy to do this its just a 1/4 twist and its off

on the passenger side its a little more tight

you do need to remove the screen washer filler tube its just a straight pull upwards to remove this

now it twists off

STEP 2 - remove the stock halogen bulbs

STEP 3 - unplug the bulbs multi plug

STEP 4 - layout your new HID kit note you don't need the red and black wires i removed these to make it easier to squeeze it all into housing later

STEP 5 - this is optional i taped up the blue wires which are extra grounds ( i may go back and ground these at a later date

STEP 6 - install the HID bulb in same manor you removed the stock halogen - just pop in and a 1/4 turn to secure it

STEP 7 - connect up the connectors ( they only fit one way so can't go wrong) .

multi plug that plugged into stock bulb plugs into the ballast the the 2 wires and plugs from HID bulb connects to the corresponding ones from ballast ... easy yeah

STEP 8 - Test to make sure all is working sweet

and a comparison HID xenon v Halogen

STEP 9 - fitting it all into the housing ( hardest part ) try not to lose the head with it . it does fit

STEP 10 - replace headlight cover by 1/4 twist and job done

a few pics of the installed and video of follow me home headlights when opening / locking car

Anyways guys i real hope you find this helpful , please comment or if you want to add anything in that I've missed or questions just fire away

thanks

G

TEAM HEKO WIND DEFLECTORS - Group buy now live ! go to for sale section for more details!
    2016 Insignia SRI NAV 170 VXLINE in power red
    Mods - Custom plates / Xenons 6k

Thank you L18ESK

That was very helpful. Have a great day and God Bless.

Comment

your welcome mate
      thanks

TEAM HEKO WIND DEFLECTORS - Group buy now live ! go to for sale section for more details!

Comment

It is a good how 2 that. Nice one! We need that like button working for forum posts.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

cheers mate ill try get some more done soon

Comment

In many cases, especially for those cars that have Auto ""ON"" or Daytime Running Lights; one or both light cannot Ignite Initially, Discharge Bulb turns off after just start the car, or even sometimes, bulb just turns off when driving."
            "Solution:
            You MUST Disconnect the Daytime Running Light or Auto Switch ON function immediately before the actual HID Conversion. Due to the Steady levels of battery voltage is insignia facelift required at 12V or Plus before the initial Ignites of each HID Systems; you must prohibit the less voltage draw of car battery at HID s start time. Daytime Running Light is 7V or less power output, and auto switch on headlight is always turn on seconds right before the car to start the ignition to charge the battery, which means Battery is focus on charging the ignition and waiting for alternator to recharge it back to 12V. Therefore, in both situations, battery is drawing much less power than 12V to initially ignite the HID headlight. Please perform the following:
            o if you have Daytime Running Light please follow your car s service manual; disconnect the fuse or wiring of Daytime Running lights only.
            do you have to take the daylight running lights fuse out so you can use hid on a facelift insignia ????

Comment

Hi Robert, welcome to the forum!

You don't have to do any of that on the face lift. It's straight plug and play with no issues. I'm pretty sure it's the same in the pre face lift too. I've never heard of having to do any of that.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

thanks mate was just i got told was not going to install if i had to take daylight driving lights off not cheap kit got it off ebay item number 331651305808 thought it was abit daft. and thank you for the reply rob

Comment

That's a decent kit. A few have bought it and had no issues.

Comment

thanks mate just glad i got right one and not to cheap . all new to me this only registered tonight and looks good and get the right info as well getting it fitted 2moz 60.00 costing me get fitted oh well i not clue with electrics tho.rob

Comment

is the anybody out there wigan area can fit my hid kit on a insignia facelift please today if poss

Comment

It's easy to do yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Burgerking1972 View Post
                          It's easy to do yourself.
                          ive just not clue with electrics mate

Comment

Go down to the how do section and look for hid installation for the facelift.

Comment

anyone got a link to the HID kit from london colour?

Comment

Working...
                              X