From 2.2 Honda to Insignia Bi-turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From 2.2 Honda to Insignia Bi-turbo

Regressed from 2.2 Honda to 2.0 Fiat. Sad reflection on technology that in 2006 Honda produced and continue to produce an engine far superior to the crap coming out of europe. As an engine available in the |insignia range (biturbo) its a cracker, but as an engine competing in europe, its crap and years behind. The honda was ultra powerful/smooth/efficient. The Insignia is ultra powerful/rough/alcoholic. But I have to say I love it.

Completely agree. I've been test driving 1.6 TDi golfs for the Mrs. Getting back in my car I'm really noticing lag when I put my foot down

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

welcome along mate

TEAM HEKO WIND DEFLECTORS - Group buy now live ! go to for sale section for more details!
      2016 Insignia SRI NAV 170 VXLINE in power red
      Mods - Custom plates / Xenons 6k

Comment

For anyone who has never driven a honda diesel, go drive one asap. The 2.2 is absolutely incredible. Its even better than a BMW. You won't love the car but you will the engine. And the double wishbone suspension, the ride is exquisite but the handling far too soft.
        The honda itself was a thick as two short planks though, and poorly designed.
        Water pissed in drivers window onto window switches with wipers on - it can be wet and warm at the same time.
        Water pissed into boot if opened when wet, at the corner where I kept my wellies - hello
        Wipers stopped in situ when ignition turned off - hello
        Radio couldnt keep time - hello
        it beeped if you went within 5 feet, door open beep, ignition on beep, ignition off beep, seat occupied beep, seat unoccupied beep, take key out and nothing worked - wtf.
        But the bloody thing was absolutely bullet proof and remarkably reliable, nothing ever went wrong in 275,000kms - nothing.
        I loved it for reliability, not for handling or looks, and it drove like a river barge.
        I once achieved, with deliberate intent, 3.8l/100km on a route of 315kms over winding National and Regional roads. Thats 91mpg in a 2.2 Diesel during normal driving.
        Never came anywhere close in the insignia. Best with deliberate intent is 5.2l/100kms - 54 mpg. A million miles away, of course the siggy has 57 more BHP and runs on 245 20" tyres which crucify economy.
        I love my siggy but the Honda will always be fondly remembered.

Comment

Think 91 mpg is a bit exaggerated
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Not confirmed by fuel measurement, but it's true. As I said I was deliberately trying to achieve the best result, i.e I never went above 50 mph and changed up asap. If you have never owned a honda diesel, you will not realise the efficiency possible. I have been a VX driver since 1996 and I've love'd the cars I've had: '94 vectra 2.0p, '97 omega 2.5p the best car ever which I drove until it died, '09 insignia 2.0d 163 '12 Insignia 2.0d Biturbo. I had the honda as a work car from late '11 to '15 with my wife driving the VX. So I'm not a Honda fan (just the engine) and I'm not claiming a WR but the efficiency of the honda puts other makes to shame. That MPG is achievable in a Honda. Remember the accord is probably 200+ kgs lighter and running on 215/16" wheels, that counts for alot in mpg. I'm being honest, drive one for a weekend and you will see.

Comment

Now that i reminisce my Omega had the electric rear window blind that popped up over the rear window, the number of times other drivers shat themselves on the motorway as it rose, it always made me laugh, thinking police car. Why is it not an option?

Comment

Beats my 24mpg. Welcome to the forum.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Buttons on ID = Velcro on IE, I didn't know the big switch was on. I'm a plank.

Comment

You can claim any of you posts moved over from IE by hitting the Claim User Content tab at the top of the forum.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

You can also change your username if you ask nicely

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome along. I'm driving a 1.6TDI Audi S-Tronic and the best I've got going downhill/flat with feathered throttle in 7th gear is 74 mpg. 99mpg on regional roads at 50 mph seems a little far fetched. My mate had the 2.2 diesel Accord and it got nowhere near that. It was decent but not great. Mpg indicated on the DIC on instant could get 99mpg, you can get that on the Siggy if you take your foot off everything and coast, 99 appears on the instant. But not on normal average mpg.

Comment

I had a merc e class 2.1 on hire a few month ago and was getting 70 + mpg doing a steady 80 ish mph i have never seen those sort of numbers before from a car .

Comment

Welcome. This site is reliable than the last one

Comment

Cheers thought i would pop over and see what all the fuss was about

Comment

Working...
                              X