Issue that bothered me on the "dark side"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue that bothered me on the "dark side"

I am not making accusations, but there was an issue that bothered me on the old IE site and I hope there is something we can do to prevent the same doubts in my mind occurring on the new and much improved forum.

I took part in the CD500 nav disc purchase and I was more than happy to pay the £5 to use the disc then pass it on to the next contributor, which i did, and everything worked out just fine.

The original terms were once the disc was paid, (£80 ish), all other proceeds would go to help pay for Forum running costs.

If memory serves me correct the list had at least 50 members when I took part.

The first guy that arranged it suddenly left the Forum and that was the last we heard of that disc. A short time later a new disc was purchased and it all started again.

No one ever said if any money was passed on to the Forum and that is the bit that bothered me.

Within months of the second disc starting the rounds the Forum had major issues and I gave up logging in so never did find out if the IE Forum benefited.

Now it could be that the previous site owner was too lazy to thank members for their contribution/donation but I will never know now.

To avoid this doubt happening again is it possible to set some rules re member purchases to ensure the site benefits?

Excuse my ramblings but just had some very nice Garnacha and thought I would get this of my chest!
    sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

I can't remember anyone getting any thanks for donations on there in 3 years + I was on there ,also there was an issue of members purchasing stickers and not receiving them ,,he did ask those who didn't receive them to open a dispute on PayPal,and they would be recompensed,dont know if that happened either...
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I paid for stickers in January and never received them ,and was told last month to open a dispute with Paypal but never have. At £7.50 a pop he could be looking reimbursing hundreds off pounds !!

Comment

Do you remember who started the disc. From what I know the disc has nothing to do with the forum.

Comment

The disk was nothing to do with the forum but I do remember people agreeing to donate to the forum one the disk was paid for. I can fully understand if this didn't happen.
          Insured postage wouldn't have left a lot of money left anyway.

I believe that unfortunately the new disk has disappeared anyway.

To be honest I think it's down to the buyer of the disk. If they want to donate the money to the forum, great. As a forum we can't really condone the sharing of copyrighted material I suspect...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Think it was Tangoman but wouldn't swear to it. I know it was a private members transaction but proceeds were meant to go to assist with the forum running costs.
            Not saying these deals shouldn't happen, It's a great idea and I would certainly do it again, but would be good to know money is going where it was meant to.
            Last edited by Minuteman; 29-08-2016, 10:53 AM.
            sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Working...
            X