Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First

Hi all

As the forum guys have gone to the trouble of setting up regional forums I thought I'd be the first on this one.

I'm in Basildon and drive a white 2010 Elite. I've had the car since April and so far I've used the warranty to the tune of £550 for a new boot catch and a turbo boost pipe. Other than that I'm very happy with the car and still think it's a lovely looking thing.

Jamie

As it would be rude not to respond...

I'm up the road from you in Colchester, driving a 59 Elite in blue.

Boot catch and boost hose should only cost about £130 in parts and labour should only be an hour so I think the £550 charged to the warrenty company is a bit steep!!

Comment

I'm up road in Chelmsford

@Jamiehl £550 for those parts is a rip off, luckily warranty company are paying then :chindrop:
      Live to ride, Ride to live

Comment

Hi
        Thanks for the replies.
        I agree. I wouldn't have paid those prices myself. Having read about the boot problem I could have done it myself for £20 or less. They charged £200 just for that.
        Chatman. I work in Chelmsford. It was repaired by the Vauxhall dealer you'll probably know well.

Jamie

Comment

I work in Chelmsford too!

Comment

I'm from Bedford and have just bought a 65 plate Insignia Elite. Had the car 1 week and love it soo much.

Comment

Hi Andy,post on the mewbie section and get some pics up..
              sigpic

Comment

Im from Shoeburyness. Got a black 130 sri nav 09...
                sigpic

Comment

Hi all

Pondy81 - What's the SRI like to drive?
                  I find the elite is a cruiser and a bit rough under 40mph but lovely after that.
                  Andy766702 - Glad you're enjoying the new car. Just a little jealous here.
                  Lance - I bet we see each-other every day but just don't know it.

Jamie

Comment

yeah i like it... can imagine its more or less the same as yours. SRI has lower suspension so that changes the ride a bit.. All insignias are greats motorway cars though so cruising is there big plus... i have the pedal box in mine though so it increases the throttle response so better pulling away and no dead spots..
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post
                      yeah i like it... can imagine its more or less the same as yours. SRI has lower suspension so that changes the ride a bit.. All insignias are greats motorway cars though so cruising is there big plus... i have the pedal box in mine though so it increases the throttle response so better pulling away and no dead spots..
                      Better response sounds good. I find sometimes that mine is easy to stall as it doesn't respond as quickly as my old car. I've only had the Insignia for five months. I've driven a Citroen Xsara saloon 2ltr diesel for the past eight years. really ugly. Really cheap but really good cars.

Comment

Yeah pedal box will sort that out... About £150 if I remember correct... Just like a sport button... Got different settings. I think they are great
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jamiehl View Post
                          Hi all

As the forum guys have gone to the trouble of setting up regional forums I thought I'd be the first on this one.

I'm in Basildon and drive a white 2010 Elite. I've had the car since April and so far I've used the warranty to the tune of £550 for a new boot catch and a turbo boost pipe. Other than that I'm very happy with the car and still think it's a lovely looking thing.

Jamie
                          Sounds like a good warranty
                          Which one do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Adingley84 View Post
                            Sounds like a good warranty
                            Which one do you have?
                            Hi
                            It's a company called Mapfre. I believe it's called their black & white policy. I bought the car from Thurlow Nunn in Milton Keynes and it's the warranty they gave me.
                            To be honest I was expecting problems making a claim but they were fine and paid the garage direct.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamiehl View Post
                              Hi
                              It's a company called Mapfre. I believe it's called their black & white policy. I bought the car from Thurlow Nunn in Milton Keynes and it's the warranty they gave me.
                              To be honest I was expecting problems making a claim but they were fine and paid the garage direct.
                              Handy to know and hear 1st hand experience. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X