Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Yeah you don't have to take the dash out at all apart from the ashtray to get ignition live. Here's the adaptor cable set. You don't need the grey part as that's the power/accessory plugs.

http://www.dynamicso...-906382255.html

Cheers

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well It's now been a week and I have to say, the fill in sub base is quite nice. You almost dont notice it until you turn the remote gain down. Sounds very factory and not over the top at all, so all in all, quite happy

Speed Demon
    Car
    Insignia SRi NAV 1.6T Hatchback
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave again, I finally got round to start upgrading my sound system. Removed from my previous car and now just putting it back in to my new/current car after listening to the standard speakers for year and half . Ok my setup is front and rear sound stream speakers powered by an alpine class d amplifier, and I shall stick my capacitor back in as well . I looked at the possibility of routing the speaker wires directly to the doors, not a chance, I ain't going to try. Back to the old method hook it back in to the in-car speaker wiring.

Dave, I got the same cable as you, any ideas why there is 2 sets of the same speaker wires. One set is separated by the 2 connectors, and the other set is part of the lower section in the quad lock.

Now my other question is I am trying to find the amp remote turn on wire, I found constant 12v, not that. Illumination wire, not that either. I want it to come on with the stereo and not with ignition live, as sometimes you would use the stereo without engine running.

Cheers

OWNER OF 2012 INSIGNIA SRI NAV HATCHBACK 1.6T

Car
    Exclusiv CDTI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the Post for this guide gone?

Drift King
    Car
    2013 Insignia hatch
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreque View Post
    Where is the Post for this guide gone?
    Some of the older threads and posts on this site were imported from another Insignia site (with the original posters permission) that had reliability issues,so some of the posts maybe missing,,also photobucket recently changed its policy on picture hosting ,as per missing photos
    ​2013 SRi nav BiTurbo SRi leather,40mm lower, AFL retrofit headlights with bi-xenon projectors.VX line 20s. Drilled & Grooved Mtec brakes. Irmscher grill. VX line body kit,steering wheel and gearknob. Vibe 1050 watt sub. Reverse camera. Aluminium door pins. Team Hekos .Angel eye LED DRL in foglights with led indicators.DTUK Pedal Box .Irmscher (copy) hatch spoiler. 20mm H&R spacers .VX projector puddle lights ..Xtrons DVD headrests with digital TV.. Rear screen 5% tint,,20% tint,rear doors. Door mirror indicators.

Car
    Exclusiv CDTI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exclusiv. View Post
    Some of the older threads and posts on this site were imported from another Insignia site (with the original posters permission) that had reliability issues,so some of the posts maybe missing,,also photobucket recently changed its policy on picture hosting ,as per missing photos
    Ah I see, thank you for letting me know.

I have one question then if someone could be awesome and help me out. Does the insignia stock radio have RCA connectors on it. I have a 2011 model Exclusiv. If not how is it connected up in the alternative way I imagine was instructed in the original post?

Many thanks all!

Drift King
    Car
    2013 Insignia hatch
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they don't have RCA connectors,,you need to wire in a RCA converter behind the head unit to the rear speaker wires
    ​2013 SRi nav BiTurbo SRi leather,40mm lower, AFL retrofit headlights with bi-xenon projectors.VX line 20s. Drilled & Grooved Mtec brakes. Irmscher grill. VX line body kit,steering wheel and gearknob. Vibe 1050 watt sub. Reverse camera. Aluminium door pins. Team Hekos .Angel eye LED DRL in foglights with led indicators.DTUK Pedal Box .Irmscher (copy) hatch spoiler. 20mm H&R spacers .VX projector puddle lights ..Xtrons DVD headrests with digital TV.. Rear screen 5% tint,,20% tint,rear doors. Door mirror indicators.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12