Wing mirror motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wing mirror motor

My offside wing mirror is on a bit of a go slow & I suspect the motor is on it's way out. Having a little bit of warranty left I went to my local dealer, thinking they'd have a quick look, call the warranty people & if they didn't wriggle out of it, do the job for me. The stern faced receptionist quickly told me it'd have to come in for diagnostic which I'd have to pay if the warranty didn't cover it. Now I'm no mechanic but can have a pretty good guess at the diagnostic myself. Back home & a little research reveals I can get a new mirror for around £106. Is the motor in the mirror casing itself so buying this would solve the issue? I'm thinking it's better than Vauxhall looking at it, warranty people using the wear & tear clause then having to fork out for their diagnostic & the repair on top of it.

I only enquired as I have a few weeks warranty left & thought I might as well get them to pay it. I can live without folding mirrors so will get round to it in my own good time if it's better as a DIY job.

I would go to a different dealer tbh or ring vauxhall Head Office regarding the issue. You have warranty left so make sure you use it. If they tried to charge me a diagnostics fee I would kick right off. Its obvious its broke haha.

Try a different dealer mate before forking out with your own money.

Welcome BTW

Comment

Working...
    X