Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll start a thread for this...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll start a thread for this...............

.....beautiful part of the UK.

I am in Merthyr Tydfil, south Wales and would love to see what other members are pretty close?

I have a little job to be done as a mod on my Elite if anyone is interested in doing it. Only want a power supply wiring in, and traced into the glove box along with an AUX lead and Antenna lead so I can have my Uniden BCT15X connected to the speakers in the car.
    Will pay for the job to be done of course. I do not mind travelling a bit.
    Please do get in touch if anyone wants to do it.
    AOHO

As you know mate im from South Wales literally around 10 minutes away from you. My old man lives in Merthyr up in Castle Park I think its called.

Wish we had more people from the area so we could arrange a meet haha!

Comment

Caerphilly here. 2012 SE (pre-facelift). Mods I've done to date:
      - Nav 900 (prev 600).
      - Electromagnetic strip reverse sensor.
      - Performance air filter.
      - Bulb upgrades all around to bright whites.
      I'm having a straight through exhaust and map next week too.

Love the vx-line, definitely my next car.

Comment

Im literally always in Caerphilly for something hahaha! You can have my VX line for 11.5k if you want? hahaha!

Comment

Probably your vx-line I see everywhere then! You ever around the new Kingsmead estate by Catnic? Guessing it's the one in your avatar? Please, don't tempt me. I've already been down to the Treforest garage to have a few test drives. Girlfriend has to pry me away haha. Love the alloys on them.

Comment

Yer mate down there quite alot picking a friend up from work and going KFC hahahaha! Yer thats the one mate! hahaha I fancy something different now. Yer the alloys are what dragged me towards it tbh!

Comment

Haha small world. Gorgeous motor, you've kept it looking stunning to be fair. VXR is the next step!

Comment

Yer mad aint it haha! Cheers mate! I do try and keep her looking pristine haha

I think I may go Focus ST tbh... The VXR is crazy money to run tax and insure
                Last edited by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY; 03-11-2016, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Don't think I could ever go back to a smaller car. Travelling to Gatwick with 5 full size suitcases, 3 snowboards and 3 people. Meanwhile, my mates 7 series could only just about squeeze in 2 suitcases haha. Love it.
                  Yeah the VXR is mental, but then if you can afford the car then you can afford the tax, insurance and fuel. Why the ST?

Comment

Yer I dont really use the big car part of it that much anymore hahaha! 7 Series is a saloon aint it? Saloons are a nightmare hahaha!

Yer would be nice to own a VXR fair play.

I just love Fast Fords tbh. Always have. I was debating the Fiesta ST but its a bit too small I think so will look at a Focus when the time comes along

Comment

Originally posted by Xylum View Post
                      Caerphilly here. 2012 SE (pre-facelift). Mods I've done to date:
                      - Electromagnetic strip reverse sensor.
                      How good are these, any links where you got yours from? Undecided which way to go, sensors or rear view camera kit.
                      C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

Yeah, got a nightmare of a boot on it.

Then for the price of the VXR you could get something proper decent. I'm a big fan of Audi A7s, they look incredible and the power on then ain't half bad either!

Fiesta's new engines are excellent, light and small, maybe not so much the ST but they are rapid. Especially with a few mods here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by Saul View Post
                          How good are these, any links where you got yours from? Undecided which way to go, sensors or rear view camera kit.
                          I bought an older version of this last year:

That's from the same seller I bought mine from.

I removed the rear bumper, cleaned the inside with some alcohol, dried and then applied the electromagnetic tape which is adhesive backed. Then covered it in the thick-black-gooey-non-drying-sealant-type-thing-paint. (can't remember the name).
                          Then had the power wire run into the boot into the left rear lamp area where I then soldered it to the reverse light.
                          Then ran the sensor line to stick to the underside of the boot, hidden, tucked away, un-noticeable.

I love it, looks clean, no drilling required, works well when it's not raining. When it rains it likes to beep when I'm in the middle of Asda reversing into empty spaces. But that's a minor con in comparison.

I'd also like a rear facing camera, just because I love tech.

I love this camera on the Nissan Quashqai (gfs parents car, don't judge me):

Comment

I do love the A7 got tbh. I love all Audis hahaha!

Yer I would get the mountune kit. Takes the car to 215bhp on the Fiesta or 275bhp on the Focus. Now that sounds fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Xylum View Post
                              I bought an older version of this last year:

That's from the same seller I bought mine from.

I removed the rear bumper, cleaned the inside with some alcohol, dried and then applied the electromagnetic tape which is adhesive backed. Then covered it in the thick-black-gooey-non-drying-sealant-type-thing-paint. (can't remember the name).
                              Then had the power wire run into the boot into the left rear lamp area where I then soldered it to the reverse light.
                              Then ran the sensor line to stick to the underside of the boot, hidden, tucked away, un-noticeable.

I love it, looks clean, no drilling required, works well when it's not raining. When it rains it likes to beep when I'm in the middle of Asda reversing into empty spaces. But that's a minor con in comparison.

I'd also like a rear facing camera, just because I love tech.

I love this camera on the Nissan Quashqai (gfs parents car, don't judge me):
                              https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ytSSGrP1LO0/maxresdefault.jpg
                              i fitted a rear camera in my siggy for 175 all in

Comment

Working...
                              X