No announcement yet.

Clicking clutch pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine feels like it's where the pedal pivots. It's only slight though. Mine started doing it 6 months from new. The first time I took it in, the technician couldn't feel anything. It has never gotten any worse but when it went in for its second service in August, I asked them for their opinion and again they couldn't feel anything so I'm beginning to think mine isn't the same issue.

I wonder if it's my knee!
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Pintopitt View Post
      When are people noticing this issue? My car is 10 months old and 8k miles.
      Mine started at around a year old 25k miles

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        Mine feels like it's where the pedal pivots. It's only slight though. Mine started doing it 6 months from new. The first time I took it in, the technician couldn't feel anything. It has never gotten any worse but when it went in for its second service in August, I asked them for their opinion and again they couldn't feel anything so I'm beginning to think mine isn't the same issue.

I wonder if it's my knee!
        They have agreed that they can feel it in mine and I have basically been told that the medal box is actually made of a very very thin metal alloy. Sort of a like a can when you squeeze it it sort of pop and makes a noise. Well basically any movement on the clutch pedal then this alloy deforms and then 'pops' back into place. The cure is a complete new pedal box but the dealers beat around the bush first because it is a huge task to change a pedal box. the full dashboard has to come out

Comment

VX also recomend Engine out although say it can be done leaving it in...

Comment

Really? I never knew that.. All I do know is that it is a 2 full day job

Comment

Only going on what my Dealer told me...only thing with this is that it is a like for like part so nothing stopping it from happening again..

Comment

Hmm Its odd as I thought the pedal box would be on the firewall in the interior side of the car..

Exactly thats what annoys me! haha

Comment

I had a problem with my clutch pedal whereby it creaked upon depressing. It was also apparent that the pedal could be moved up further after taking my foot off. I fixed it by looking at the spring underneath the pedal which had come unhooked so was not fully returning ghe pedal. Not the same fault as the op but worth checking if you've got a strange feel to your clutch pedal and it creaks.

Comment

Mine ain't quite like that it comes all the way to the top no problem. I have had a brand new spring on it aswell so it's not that. I think it's the pedal box itself

Comment

My 16 plate and my previous 62 plate clicked when pedal is near top. Also worse when hotter or a lot of clutch use. Just suffered it as it did not get worse.

Comment

mine appears to do this too. Is it a fix the dealers should complete? It's an 8 year old car now. Very annoying though.

Comment

They will cover it under warranty that's all. Have you got lifetime warranty?

Comment

god knows. It's a second hand car, any idea how to find out? Doubt it.

Comment

The clicking is caused by play in the top pivot bush. But this is made aubible by the spring resonating when the pedal 'clicks'. I cured mine by liberal grease on pivot and little pieces of insulating material between the coils of the spring to damp any resonance. I used bits of soundproofing material from an old dishwasher. Its cured the problem on my '12 reg and theres 140k miles on the clock.

Comment

Thanks, I'll have a look at that when the weathers a bit better.

Comment

Working...
                                X