No announcement yet.

'13 Plate Insignia Elite aka The Batmobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea on the type of LEDs? Ebay item number would be great if possible :-)

TIA

Comment

Erm, you need three bullet style ones for the roof lights, five if you want the drivers or passengers map lights to be green. And I think 7 either 39 or 41mm ones for the footwells, boot area, glove box and puddle lights. If you want I can post you the three bullet ones as I've got spares

Comment

5x 501 LEDs for the roof. 42mm festoons for the rest

Comment

Originally posted by jmagee View Post
          5x 501 LEDs for the roof. 42mm festoons for the rest
          What he said, you can put three in the front cabin light, but if you need to look for anything coloured light can be a bitch compared to white light

Comment

nice mate like it

TEAM HEKO WIND DEFLECTORS - Group buy now live ! go to for sale section for more details!
            2016 Insignia SRI NAV 170 VXLINE in power red
            Mods - Custom plates / Xenons 6k

Comment

Been a while since I posted an update and my thread from the engine side has been deleted.

So I got a blue spark tuning box and went to fit it last night. Followed the instructions and the service soon message came on took the car for a quick run up the road and the car seemed like it wasn't making any boost. Disconnect the box took the car for a quick spin again and service soon with no boost.

Last night turned into this morning and the service soon message came up but the car drove to the shops with no issues. From the shops to work no service soon message. Got to work then disconnected the battery and re connected the tuning box.

Aaaand, hey presto car now works fine pulls with more grunt and no service soon message!

I managed to route the wiring along the main loom and the tuning box fits nicely in the battery box. It's loose for the moment but I'll make a bracket for it this afternoon.

Comment

So came out of work and service soon was back on with limited performance again. Checked on the eco display and its only giving max 30% throttle. I've disconnected the box and battery for a few mins to try and reset it all but its still giving the same message with limited performance. I've got the battery off now I'm at home and I'm giving it 15mins to see if it'll play ball now.

Anyone got any suggestions apart from to send the box back to the manufacturer?

Comment

You will need to get the ecu scanned and find out what the error codes are and go from there. Also, please do not post the same post on multiple threads, it clogs the forum and people read the new threads anyway so the first post is enough
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Fair enough, pal like I said tho I posted it in engine and drivetrain last night and I was deleted off this morning. I've put it back there to see if it stays this time. But I've managed to clear the code off it now with a 30min battery disconnect.

Comment

Clearing the code is no good, you need to know what the code was to give you a clue as to what the error was. There may be something underlying on your vehicle that needs addressing already and plugging the box in made it flag up.
                      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Well the box is off and the code has cleared and she's put of limp mode now. I'll put it on the snap-on reader at work on Monday but I suspect that it's an issue with the tuning box it's self as the issue gets flagged when that's connected.

Comment

Managed to get it on the code reader at work today and the issue was voltage interruption from the fuel pressure sensor, ie where the box was connected to. Cleared the codes out now and she's working fine again.

Comment

Working...
                          X