Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox Change - 13 Plate Insignia Estate ecoFlex

Hi folks,

So for those of you that are active on Facebook will have seen my moaning about my Insignia over the past week or so but thought it best just to post on here too as I know not everyone gets to see the post:

Car has done 30k, although I've only done around 3.5k of those - I've had the car 4 months primarily motorway driving - absolutely gutted the car has a 'terminal' issue as it's one of the best drives I've experienced.

So:

14th September:
    "Hi all, hoping you can help. Driving home this evening and was alerted by what could only be described as a what I thought was a grinding noise. Carried on a little and then pulled over. When I pulled over I put my clutch in and the car seemingly stalled. Got home told the missus, she then alerted me to a puddle that was forming on the driveway, looking underneath the car there where the engine tray is it is literally dripping with seemingly oil or lubricant.
    According to recovery it isn't engine oil but he thinks it could be gear fluid. Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar, gear changes all seemed fine to me earlier and clutch was quite happy.
    Car is under warranty and is being recovered to garage tomorrow! Will keep you posted! Insignia estate 2013 - pre facelift"

Diagnosis - Bearings knackered in gearbox & shattered, exploding out of casing

26th September:
    "And so the Gearbox saga continues - basically spoken to the garage today, who have advised me they won't be replacing Clutch & Flywheel under warranty as they aren't faulty.
    My understanding is that your practically asking for trouble if these aren't replaced when replacing the gearbox (especially for a used gearbox) - can anyone validate my understanding or is it generally just good practise to do it as apposed to a required fix?"

Any comments, advice etc would be greatly appreciated.

Car was NOT purchased from VX dealership but was purchased via a dealer.

How long have you had the car mate? They should 100% change clutch and flywheel in my eyes. Who knows the damage that was caused to them aswell.

Comment

Hi Whippy,

I've had the car 4 months so well in my rights to be a bit p*ssed off! I could go down the Sales of Goods act route and kick up a stink but as it stands the garage are co-operating with the repairs from the damage that they have diagnosed..

Comment

Tbh mate if they wont change the clutch and flywheel perhaps you should go down the Sales of Goods act? Maybe just threaten them with it? Ask them about it like??

Sorry mate should have said welcome too haha!

Comment

I've briefly mentioned it in a statement just like trying to find rocking horse s**t to get hold of my case handler.

Thanks for the welcome - i migrated from the other insignia forum!

Comment

Just keep on to them mate! I tell you what mind there are alot of people who have no problems with their car but I 100% will not be buying another Vauxhall. Nothing but issues with this Inignia and my old Astra.

Haha nice! The old forum is down again

Comment

Its practical to replace clutch friction plate whenever you have gearbox off purely due to labour involved. The friction plate and flywheel should be fine with that mileage. I wouldn't be concerned about their stance, it's logical. If you had 100k I'd insist on all being changed even if you had to make a contribution.

Comment

Ok so hopefully we have an end to this saga.

Finance company have agreed to a 50-50 split on the final cost of parts only - garage has waved the additional labour.

Comment

Well finally an end to it all.

Got the car back this evening and everything feels so much tighter from a transmission point of view, the bite point is sharp and on point and the gear changes are less 'grindy'. I mentioned in a post the other day about the car being sluggish in first however with the new clutch, gearbox and flywheel it really has picked up!

So happy to have my car back!

Comment

Good result
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                    X