This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
    In the past I used to swear by Chemical guys products but they're getting a bit pricey now.

Examples -
    Scratch & Swirl Remover
    Creme Glaze
    Jet Seal

I'm trying EZ Car Care products this year. I'll review them when the weather (and missus) allows me some time on the driveway.

I firmly believe the Glaze makes all the difference if you want that Wet look. Not everybody does.
    I've used CG Gloss Workz and blacklight.

What's jetseal like? Always wanted to try that.

Have to confess at the moment I'm using a lot of the Soft99 products
    C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

• To be honest, and iv said it before most products these days are OK, it's the prep thats important. You get paint sorted most products will protect it well and look well for it.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

• Originally posted by MattG View Post
        Ouch demon shine is pants [emoji23]
        But some swear by it, didn't work for me.
        Bought it to try, my mate swears by it an managed to grab a 5l bottle for 2.99 so thought give it a go.
        He uses a small pressure spray bottle to apply then drys it with micro cloth.
        An worse case I don't like it Al give it to him
        Last edited by Alex421; 16-03-2020, 03:45 PM. Reason: Adding

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
          I know absolutely hee haw about detailing products.
          So, if I can pick your brains....what would you suggest for mine???
          Power red....I would love to see it really really shiny
          I've not tried lots of different products as I found some that I liked working with pretty quickly.

A lot of people don't want perfection, so a polish that contains fillers is good enough for them and can be done by hand quite easily. I remember doing a correction detail on Mrs D's (Drinky's wife) Rover 45 and that was Red in colour. I used -

3M Pure Polish to get as good a finish as I could. I think I did about 2 or maybe 3 passes on each panel. I didn't have a paint depth gauge so couldn't work it too hard
          To get rid of any remaining swirls, I used Chemical guys Scratch & Swirl remover. This does contain fillers so gives a decent end result. Remember, fillers aren't permanent and will wash out in time. Probably a couple of passes each panel again but no more than that as the 3M polish will have removed enough.
          Then my favourite product at the time was EZ creme Glaze. Fantastic product, that really makes the paint pop.
          I topped it with Jet Seal, to protect the shine. You can layer this product up for extra protection but (from memory) you need to leave 24 hours between coats.
          To add extra protection and endurance I added 5050 Paste Wax.

I've been trying to find a picture of the end result but don't know where I've backed it up to.
          2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

• Originally posted by MattG View Post
            To be honest, and iv said it before most products these days are OK, it's the prep thats important. You get paint sorted most products will protect it well and look well for it.
            This is so true. Hopefully I'll be correcting mine in the coming months. Need to get myself a paint depth gauge first, anyone have any recommendations for a decent gauge? budget circa £100

Comment

• Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
              I've not tried lots of different products as I found some that I liked working with pretty quickly.

A lot of people don't want perfection, so a polish that contains fillers is good enough for them and can be done by hand quite easily. I remember doing a correction detail on Mrs D's (Drinky's wife) Rover 45 and that was Red in colour. I used -

3M Pure Polish to get as good a finish as I could. I think I did about 2 or maybe 3 passes on each panel. I didn't have a paint depth gauge so couldn't work it too hard
              To get rid of any remaining swirls, I used Chemical guys Scratch & Swirl remover. This does contain fillers so gives a decent end result. Remember, fillers aren't permanent and will wash out in time. Probably a couple of passes each panel again but no more than that as the 3M polish will have removed enough.
              Then my favourite product at the time was EZ creme Glaze. Fantastic product, that really makes the paint pop.
              I topped it with Jet Seal, to protect the shine. You can layer this product up for extra protection but (from memory) you need to leave 24 hours between coats.
              To add extra protection and endurance I added 5050 Paste Wax.

I've been trying to find a picture of the end result but don't know where I've backed it up to.
              I've written all these down so I can go and look and see what it'll cost me......I'll probably need to sit down and be revived

Comment

I've written all these down so I can go and look and see what it'll cost me......I'll probably need to sit down and be revived
                Can get pricey

Comment

And the slippery slope starts... [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

• Originally posted by Saul View Post
                    And the slippery slope starts... [emoji23][emoji23]
                    Haha, yes exactly.

I've had a break from it for at least a year, but took delivery of some more 'gear' today. So, the addiction continues. LOL
                    2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

• Think I'll stick to Aldi Magnum and Mr Sheen

Comment

Think I'll stick to Aldi Magnum and Mr Sheen
                        I must say they do make a big difference mate, I've tried a few cheap ones that do a similar job just don't last as long.
                        I only had to do the Clio once last year, then topped it up with wash n wax shampoo I mentioned earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                          I must say they do make a big difference mate, I've tried a few cheap ones that do a similar job just don't last as long.
                          I only had to do the Clio once last year, then topped it up with wash n wax shampoo I mentioned earlier.
                          I used infinity show wax last year......only coz I blagged it off my son

Comment

Maguire's ultimate liquid wax is quite good, still pricey though

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                              Maguire's ultimate liquid wax is quite good, still pricey though
                              I think he has that.
                              I know he's got a tin of gold class?????
                              I think that's the name

Comment

I've got a really good wax but can't for the life of me remember what it's called as one of my mates gave me it years ago in a clear bottle, all I know is it was really expensive as he used it on his r8

Comment

Working...
                                X