Mondeo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mondeo

Well here it is .... the new Mondeo Ecoboost.
    I was kind of pushed into changing my car after Arnold Clark and Vauxhall started pissing me around with my 4 year old Insignia which was starting to blister along the bottom of all four doors. ( Check yours for tiny little blisters under the paint )
    I'm still pissed off with the whole situation but I am far happier with this car than I ever was with the Insignia.
    I though the Insignia was a nice car but this is amazing.
    The comfort , the ride , the toys as standard , everything I have to say is miles ahead of the Vauxhall.
    Its so much quieter than the Insignia , road noise is far less and its just more comfortable .... my Insignia was an SRi so I suppose the suspension may have been harder.
    Cruising at 60+ is almost silent.

Its got traffic sign recognition , auto adaptive lights ( dipped and auto fullbeam , cornering ) auto wipers , voice control for everything , auto dimming mirrors . auto dipping mirrors when reversing , parking assist which it basically does it itself which is a little scary at first , dual zone climate , voice control sat nav , led lights , keyless entry , keyless starting ..... the list goes on.
    I'll probly not be on here very much anymore but may still loiter in the background and give help or advice when I can on things I have had during my Insignia ownership.
    All the best everyone .....

Don't disappear, Proz.....you don't need an Insignia stick around.

I love the Mondeo I had two on the bounce before deciding to drop to a smaller car (Astra) .....Hated it so moved up to the Insignia. I'm gonna get lynched for saying this but my Mondeo was far superior. The Insignia is a lovely looking motor but for comfort and build quality, it come a poor second.

Not sure what my next car will be in a couple of years time but a 3rd Mondeo won't be out of the picture.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Very nice. I do like the look of the Mondeo and that's a brilliant spec list.

Comment

Is that the titanium model

Comment

What size motor ??
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
            Is that the titanium model
            Yeah its the Titanium .

Comment

its the 1.5 ltr petrol Ecoboost ... its around 160 hp . Virtually the same as the 2ltr CDTi.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                Don't disappear, Proz.....you don't need an Insignia stick around.

I love the Mondeo I had two on the bounce before deciding to drop to a smaller car (Astra) .....Hated it so moved up to the Insignia. I'm gonna get lynched for saying this but my Mondeo was far superior. The Insignia is a lovely looking motor but for comfort and build quality, it come a poor second.

Not sure what my next car will be in a couple of years time but a 3rd Mondeo won't be out of the picture.
                And nothing creaks .... the center console on mine creaked like crazy , the little glovebox at the drivers knee creaked like mad , the parcel shelf ??? well we all know about the rattles from it . The bit in the headlining at the front that had to be fitted with blu-tak to stop it rattling . Theres none of this in the Mondeo.

Comment

Nice, the mondeo is a good looking motor, need some better pics proz,
                  sigpic

Comment

Am not a ford man myself but i must admit the seats are comfy (I have the new transit connect lwb) And for long journeys its a nice place to be. It doesnt have any toys except air con which is a 1st in the van world (well for me anyway) however i love the dash layout. The mirrors are fantastic!! (sad i know) What puts me off fords is after time they fall to bits. I prefer to keep my cars over 5 years. Neighbours & friends say the same about the fords. Anyway i guess u wont keep it that long so enjoy the car I do love the front Aston Martin grille. Yours is crying out for bigger rims!!

Comment

Originally posted by Proz View Post
                      And nothing creaks .... the center console on mine creaked like crazy , the little glovebox at the drivers knee creaked like mad , the parcel shelf ??? well we all know about the rattles from it . The bit in the headlining at the front that had to be fitted with blu-tak to stop it rattling . Theres none of this in the Mondeo.
                      Maybe your siggy was made on friday afternoon . Mine does not creak. The vectra c i had before was terrible so the siggy to me was a different class.

Comment

Originally posted by Proz View Post
                        its the 1.5 ltr petrol Ecoboost ... its around 160 hp . Virtually the same as the 2ltr CDTi.
                        How are you finding the drive in terms of low down pulling power with only 177ftlb of torque same as my 1.6T

Comment

Lovely car the Mondeo! There is an ST version on the way which I will 100% be looking at! hahah My dashboard creaks awful. I just fix it by turning the music up haha!

Comment

Ford do spec cars very well, don't forget that Mondeo is a generation ahead of the Insignia which is still only on a facelift from the 2009 model. My pal traded his Ford Kuga in for a VXLine last year, I have to say I wasn't that impressed with the build qualaity or finish/material of the Ford over the VX. I do think the VXLine is by far one of the most attractive 'ordinary' cars on the road over all the rivals.

Mondeo looks like it has good capacity though over VX. I did considerone before the VXLine, but Fords command much more money on used market.

Comment

am I the only one with a creak free Insignia?!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X