Glow plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow plugs

Guys. Anyone know a website that can tell me what glow plugs i need in my car as my log book says I have a CDTI SRI but my insurance says my car is eco flex.
    My service vehicle soon light has just come on and I think it is my glow plugs which I will be checking in the morning but don't want to buy the wrong ones. Failing that can you see visually the difference between the two by looking without removal of the plug.
    Thanks in advance.

Ye. Pop the plastic cover off the engine. The glow plugs look different. If in doubt take a close up picture and post it on here and we can tell you which one you will need

Comment

Thanks mate will have a look when I get home if it's still light ☺

Comment

when i bought my car my log book said it was an elite nav, needless to say it was not i then had to contact vauxhall and obtain some codes for my car which i then had to supply dvla to get a new updated logbook, what car do you think you have it should knd of say ecpflex or cdti on the back should it not?
        also why do you think the service light is related to the glow plugs?

Comment

You can test the glowplugs with a multimeter. But the error code will need reading to find the fault and clear it

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
            when i bought my car my log book said it was an elite nav, needless to say it was not i then had to contact vauxhall and obtain some codes for my car which i then had to supply dvla to get a new updated logbook, what car do you think you have it should knd of say ecpflex or cdti on the back should it not?
            also why do you think the service light is related to the glow plugs?

My car did have Sri badges on wings and CDTI badge on boot but my thoughts was its easier to stick a badge on the car to make it out to be something else and that the logo book would be right and the reason for my thinking it could be glow plugs was from another thread on here. However it would seem my glow plugs are OK so I think I need further investigation

Comment

get a cheap code reader and see what it throws up

Comment

Any links on a decent one?

Comment

Glow plug with sensor built in are wider just below tightening nut
                  sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Working...
                  X