My new toy - AKA the boy's new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new toy - AKA the boy's new car

Well the day has finally arrived when our little boy became a man!............. and put me on his insurance for his new car

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

and he is out with the lads all day tomorrow!

Keys please

Nice
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Oh sweet... 0 to 60 in less than 5 seconds...lovely.
      be interesting how the eco engine manages its fuel consumption.
      sigpic

Comment

That's a beast!

Is that a fog light in the lower intake vent?
        Last edited by marko301; 21-10-2016, 10:43 PM.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Magnificent Machine, the colour is ridiculous. If I had no wife or 3 kids what would I spend my money on? Hmmm? How much is a divorce these days? Well to wear to your son. Fab Focus.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            That's a beast!

Is that a fog light in the lower intake vent?
            It is and yes it is.

Had a good run out in it yesterday and it is brutal

Top gear 40mph and you get meaningful acceleration

my siggy doesn't feel that far behind (once it's moving) but off the line it is amazing and that is without using launch control, just my kak-handed feet.

+400bhp by spring next year me thinks

Comment

#driftmode

TEAM HEKO WIND DEFLECTORS - Group buy now live ! go to for sale section for more details!
              2016 Insignia SRI NAV 170 VXLINE in power red
              Mods - Custom plates / Xenons 6k

Comment

that is VERY nice indeed,... Ford have finally sorted out the external looks of their cars.... will it be another VX Line of a Mondeo for me next year?... hmmmmm

Comment

New Mondeo St Line! A million miles above the Insignia in every way haha!

Comment

Hi Stacker1970

That is beautiful. I am happy for you.

Be safe, be happy, drive safely and think of other and have a great time.

Thank you and Good Bless.

Comment

Was up at the in-laws at the weekend and my brother in law's brother in law treated me to a spin in his '09 Focus RS. Holy SxxT. Amazing what 100+BHP, -400kgs and a change of fuel does.
                      The focus, even in old 2.5l 300bhp guise, is a fookn rocket. The way it goes around corners compared to my siggy even in sport mode with hard shocks is incredible. And the way it goes from 60mph to 100mph is ridiculous. Savage beast.

Comment

Hi all,

Long time away sorry. Work, life & my laziness got in the way.

Anyway, lets turn this into a reel Ford thread shall we?

Us & junior have had our respective cars foe several months now.

He loves his & we love ours.

Mods on the RS have just begun. Cobra exhaust that when it backfires, really, really sounds like guns going off (plus delightful flames, occasionally visible). The res will follow when Revo finally get the stage 2 map out & Mishsimoto? eventually send some huge induction kits to the UK. Intercooler that would look more at home on a HGV is currently taking pride of place in his bedroom.

Never mind drift mode, just put in into race. Lower levels of 'help me' from the car & you can come out of most slow corners with opp lock/slide on & it then gathers it all up.

Truly amazing!!!

Just for you, back to Vauxhall shall we?

To the boy's amazement (and ffs it is hard to impress him) I would like to quote him if I may.

Dad, once above 50-60mph (where I have no traction issue ), you Insingia is very, very close to being as quick as my RS. I could stay with you but, no chance of overtaking you.

And a big smile from me.

Stacker

Comment

Mint👍

Comment

Working...
                          X