Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question

Have any of you guys with facelifts noticed if you have gaps under the headlights where it meets the bumper say a 2 or 3 cm gap under both lights.

There is a larger gap than you'd expect put I wouldn't say as much as 2 or 3cm. More like 1cm - 1 and a halt tops. Do you have a photo?

Here is a photo of mine,

Last edited by marko301; 22-10-2016, 08:33 AM.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Comment

Mine looks ok then thanks just asking cause I've had it back from body shop an making a list of stuff I'm not happy with. Thanks.

Comment

Also should I complain about the colour match of front bumper to me it looks darker and even worse with in real life.

Comment

That's a lot darker. Yeah I'd complain about that. My guess is the paint is the correct colour but they've used grey primer instead of white. I'm worrying about mine going in to have the front bumper repaired and resprayed on Wednesday. Though I'm using the same place who supplied and painted my rear bumper after someone hit me last year. The repairer got a perfect match on that one so I'm hoping for the same finish on the front.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Oh rite I will ask them if they used grey primer thanks for the advice. I will post a thread soon about my accident with photos to see damage. Got panel gaps everywhere so going to get that sorted too. How bad is your damage.

Comment

Show us pics of the colour match when it's done so I can compare with mine. If it's a good job I can show my body shop if they try an give me excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Szabo1985 View Post
                  Show us pics of the colour match when it's done so I can compare with mine. If it's a good job I can show my body shop if they try an give me excuses.
                  Will do.

Here is mine, it's only a few scrapes. https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...e-scratched-it

Comment

Also should I complain about the colour match of front bumper to me it looks darker and even worse with in real life.
                    Yes you bloody well should scream and shout about that paint job, i have to say it looks awful in a picture so to you it has to be 100 times worse, funnily enough i got mine back yesterday from a little independent painter i had some stone chips along the very edge of where the roof meets the windscreen these had developed into tiny rust areas, he done my whole roof olympic white for £120 very happy with the result

Comment

Just took this now the sun has come out an looks ok so don't know if it's lighting or not but looks ok to the eye too now too.

Comment

But!!!!!!! Brand new bumper and has swirl marks all over it already.

Comment

Not sure where you are looking but i can see a difference in the color, north of the wheel is brighter, left of the wheel darker just my opinion

Comment

Bear in mind that the bottom spoiler was not resprayed just transfered from one bumper to the other after it was fit. So it is still the original colour can u tell that too.

Comment

It still doesn't appear to match even in the photo taken in the sunshine. It isn't as bad as the first photo though. My back bumper still matches on a cloudy day. You could lose the swirls yourself with some Meguiar's ultimate compound or some other gentle swirl remover. Not that you should need to but if that was the only issue, I'd rather do it myself than take it back to the repairer.

Comment

Working...
                              X