Gearbox Oil Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox Oil Change

Hi, changed the oil in my 09 Sri 160 cdti estate (61,000 miles) and what a difference.....so smooth ger change now.
    Put 2.4l back in as per Vauxhall TIS sheet.

Alan

Need to do the same on mine.

Gear changes from 1st to 2nd are a bit hard ( 30000 miles from the last change )

It was a DIY or a dealer's visit, Alan?

How much you paid?

Cheers

Comment

May do this my self 92000 had car since 50000, dont think its ever been done

Comment

DIY, new gearbox drain plug and 3 litres of Vauxhall gearbox oil , trade price £ 28, 45 min to do inc tea break.

Comment

Originally posted by Hendo246 View Post
          ...... 45 min to do inc tea break.
          Took me a little longer this evening - excuse being it was a) dark, b) bloody freezing so the new oil was very gloopy and took ages to flow down the tube I used to fill it, and c) took a while to find my 1/2" to 3/8" adapter so I could fit the 3/8" drive Allen socket to my breaker bar to crack the drain plug loose.

Only worry being that only 1.3 litres came out instead of the expected 2.4 ( 2.4 went back in though ), and what came out looks like ATF

Comment

Originally posted by Hendo246 View Post
            DIY, new gearbox drain plug and 3 litres of Vauxhall gearbox oil , trade price £ 28, 45 min to do inc tea break.
            Hello, just wondering which is the correct oil to use - no details in handbook for Atf - It has been sugested to me I can use Comma MVATF+ Fully synthetic or aisin oem atf-0t4 fluid .
            Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X