My aftermarket sound system install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sriray View Post
    The feed comes from a loom i purchase to use as a middle man instead of cutting into the original loom, this then connects to a rca convertor to convert audio signal from high level to low signal, then rca cables to amp, from amp normal speaker wires back into the loom to drive the speakers.

What you would need is a buy a loom, and cut into that instead of cutting into the original loom
    Cheers pal, off to Halfrauds in the morning!!

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

The feed comes from a loom i purchase to use as a middle man instead of cutting into the original loom, this then connects to a rca convertor to convert audio signal from high level to low signal, then rca cables to amp, from amp normal speaker wires back into the loom to drive the speakers. What you would need is a buy a loom, and cut into that instead of cutting into the original loom
      Is this the sort of thing?

C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

the lead i've seen people use is the SOT-963. i'm gonna attempt mine today!

Comment

Originally posted by Twed View Post
          the lead i've seen people use is the SOT-963. i'm gonna attempt mine today!
          Let me know how you get on and if poss. any pics of the new connections.

Comment

My aftermarket sound system install

Take your time when doing it, you don't want to cut the wires completely or you will loose the rear speakers/ parking sensor warning. You want to splice the wires and if possible solder them so they can't come loose then insulate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Saul View Post
              Let me know how you get on and if poss. any pics of the new connections.
              Mission failed. looks like that lead is for the higher spec radios, not the R400 in the face lift model.

Comment

Originally posted by Twed View Post
                Mission failed. looks like that lead is for the higher spec radios, not the R400 in the face lift model.
                Are we talking the sot-963? Did you not bother to tap directly into the existing speaker wires? Would have been easy using scotch locks

Comment

Thing is, i have no idea which one is which!!

I removed the CD unit and there was only a few wires in the harness. i took the little thing out from behind the screen which i presume is the control unit for the radio and there was loads of plugs and cables!

Comment

This is where i get the power from to feed the sub, this is permanent live but the sub is controlled by a lineout convertor so this wont cause the sub to drain the battery
                    Can I ask where you attached the blue/white wire?

Comment

Hello.

So on the pics below there is all sort of wires.. (those wires are behind Radio console)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180704_175726.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	242459

Name:	IMG_20180704_175729.jpg
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	242460

Which wires are for the speakers? Front left and right ?

Comment

Those aren't the speaker plugs mate. the radio control unit is actually behind the drivers glove box bin thing. Green plug with 8 wires in it.

it's the top 2 if you need to front speakers, not sure which is which though.

Name:	IMAG2282.jpg
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	242461

Comment

Those aren't the speaker plugs mate. the radio control unit is actually behind the drivers glove box bin thing. Green plug with 8 wires in it.

it's the top 2 if you need to front speakers, not sure which is which though.

Name:	IMAG2282.jpg
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	242461

Comment

Where have you been hiding this little gem of info for the past three years!?!

Ive always used a loom to connect to original loom and head unit so I could tap the speakers cables. Problem is that it takes me ages to get it to all go back in! 😡😡

Now I'm finding out I can just tap this instead and save tons of hassle!!?

Looks like I got something to tinker with this weekend now 😂

Comment

I’ve fitted better speakers to my siggy in the past and amped them but I found that it amped the indicator sound as well. Would using this location over come that and has anyone got the audio wiring diagram for facelift navi900?

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie47x View Post
                                but I found that it amped the indicator sound as well
                                So the sound comes through the speakers??

Finding wiring diagrams for anything in an insignia these days is a nightmare. Luckily the ISO block on the back is still standard so just get a general wiring diagram for that. Anything not part of the ISO block is proprietary and good luck finding that info out

Comment

Working...
                                X