Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My aftermarket sound system install

Hi folks,

Here is my aftermarket soundstream system install with LED speaker grille lighting

As the factory stereo does not have low-level lineout connection (Red/White Phono out), i used a lineout convertor to convert the audio signal from high to low. This is what i used.

I highly recommend getting a decent lineout convertor, as cheaper ones with have an impact on your system.

The Install

With the side trims removed. Power wiring is fed through the left trim channel and speaker wiring is fed through the right trim channel.

Wiring fed into the boot to where the amp would sit

Amp moved into position, mounted on a home made rack.

Door card removed

Factory speaker removed and to reveal the factory connection. This unforuntately won't work with the aftermarket speakers so there are 2 options, fit a adaptor to at as a middle man or cut the wire and wire your normal speaker connection, which is what i chosen

Factory speaker plug cut and replaced with normal speaker connectors

Sound deadening behind speaker mount

Aftermarket speaker fitted on to door

Front door fully sound deadened

Rear door fully sound deadened

*The rear door cards speaker grille will need to trimmed down to accommodate the aftermarket speaker. Take time and care doing this.*

Boot sound deadened

Speaker Grille LED lighting
    Splicing the small led wiring from one of the front door card

Blue LED strip fitted behind the speaker grille

Close up of the LED wires and the factory LED wires

Front door speaker LED wires all connected together

The rear doors led grille lighting is different to the front install as it does not have ambrient lighting at the back, i am using the electric windows control power feed

Spliced the yellow and black wire from the electric window control

Attaching the led wires

Rear door speaker LED wires all connected together

After the door wiring is done, speakers have been tested, the door cards can now be refitted.

Here is my new underseat sub which will be fitted into the boot. It will be mounted onto a homemade sub rack

Placed into position

This is where i get the power from to feed the sub, this is permanent live but the sub is controlled by a lineout convertor so this wont cause the sub to drain the battery

Now that everything is fitted, the trims can now be put back.

All Setup.
    Last edited by sriray; 29-10-2016, 05:48 PM.

Did you need the floor riser in the boot Ray ,to lift floor over your sub ?? Also your car mats need hoovering
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

looks an excellent job that Ray . But how does the damn thing sound? thead
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Ive heard it tis quite bassy for the flat sub but if you do push it it does distort the speakers are the bees knees i tried to order a set but there like gold dust so ive opted for mb-quarts i would say on par with the ss

Comment

Has the sound deadening reduced road noise?

Comment

Boot riser are needed as the sub has raised the floor level.

Part numbers for the left and right riser are 13249755 & 13249757, these are about £12 each. The centre storage tray is 13315725 price is about £40.
            I still have my space saver wheel under the storage tray

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
              looks an excellent job that Ray . But how does the damn thing sound? thead
              Sound is very impressive from the doors speakers considering they aren't high end speakers. These speakers produce 60 watts rms each combined you get 240 watts rms. The subs peak wattage is 150 watts, it can't be turned too loud or it will distort, but for the size it is pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                Has the sound deadening reduced road noise?
                This might be plazebo effect but i think it has made a difference but not a massive difference

Comment

Excellent and cracking good post Sir ray....I mean Sri ray. Great 'how to' post.

Comment

Need the boot risers ,now I have a 20 for a spare.....I suppose you could only have a space saver if you buy the middle bit of the risers ?
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Great thread, like how neat and tidy it is!

Where did you get the feed for the speakers from? I have a Blaupunkt active sub to go in my car under the passenger seat but I don't fancy taking the head unit out!!

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

Like the install, presume there wasn't enough clearance to have the carpet over the amp without over heating issues?

Comment

There is enough clearance. I have made the cutout to display the amp. Regards to over heating issue yes would be advisable to give it some ventilation.

Comment

Originally posted by Twed View Post
                            Great thread, like how neat and tidy it is!

Where did you get the feed for the speakers from? I have a Blaupunkt active sub to go in my car under the passenger seat but I don't fancy taking the head unit out!!
                            The feed comes from a loom i purchase to use as a middle man instead of cutting into the original loom, this then connects to a rca convertor to convert audio signal from high level to low signal, then rca cables to amp, from amp normal speaker wires back into the loom to drive the speakers.

What you would need is a buy a loom, and cut into that instead of cutting into the original loom

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                              Need the boot risers ,now I have a 20 for a spare.....I suppose you could only have a space saver if you buy the middle bit of the risers ?
                              that is correct

Comment

Working...
                              X