Three things I noticed about my Insignia today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three things I noticed about my Insignia today

1: Insert key, press silver button to fold key, and lower key body; twist to position II and error appears to service anti theft, engine won't start, chip in key must be out of range. Cool.
    2: I never noticed the LED's pointing into the door cards front, left and right. Drivers side not working so that's maybe why I never noticed them. I noticed it now.
    3. And this is the weirdest of all: (when you've nothing to do, and the male/female friend is a mile away) put your ear to the centre of the steering wheel air bag and listen with the engine running. Noise, Engine noise, why don't those bureaucrats in the EU loose the obligatory mechanical link in the steering column.
    I love my Bi turbo though.

Insert key, (fine) - but "press silver button to fold key"???

Never thought of doing this, is there a reason?

Comment

Just idle in my car one day and i flipped the key down. When i went to start the engine the error appeared. No reason why you would do it normally. If you flip the key down whilst the engine is running, nothing happens. Useless information really.

Comment

Mechanical link allows you to keep the car under control if all systems fail

Comment

Appreciate that thinking. I assume though you have flow in an aeroplane which use similar technology! Alot faster etc, and we dont need to go into the stats regarding chances of being killed in a plane Vs car.The technology is in use in the aviation industry for donkey's years. There would obviously be multiple backup systems. A single sheared bolt on an existing conventional system would create the same scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
            3. And this is the weirdest of all: (when you've nothing to do, and the male/female friend is a mile away) put your ear to the centre of the steering wheel air bag and listen with the engine running. Noise, Engine noise, why don't those bureaucrats in the EU loose the obligatory mechanical link in the steering column.
            I love my Bi turbo though.
            Buttons you have got to get out more!
            How bored are you?
            This is why God gave Men that bit between their legs............and why GM put a sound system in the car!

WHY YOU LISTENING TO STEERING WHEEL?

LOL
            Last edited by Minuteman; 05-11-2016, 08:30 PM.
            sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

I'm on that..guner listen to my bm steering wheel first thing tomorrow morning....
              sigpic

Comment

I know I'm a sad git, but I was sitting in the car and bored waiting. but I did identify a failed led as a result so that's the next job. I don't know how the listening to the wheel came about, maybe I fell asleep.

Comment

Sad git...il join ya,Saturday night ,bonfire night....I've fixed me combi boiler,dog sitting cos of fireworks,and getting a little drunk on my own,as the Mrs is round town on the piss with her mates.....sumets gone wrong somewhere...
                  sigpic

Comment

Ya you bought a BMW, that's when it all started to fall apart.. If you were a siggy driver your good wife would be at home serving the beers. My dad has a 3 series estate with the 2.0 190bhp 400nm engine. Quicker than my Biturbo but its at least 200kgs lighter. Not a fan of the current styling but if I could afford a M5 I'd have one. They are fantastically engineered cars though.

Comment

You could be right,mind,when I had the vxr I just bored her about it being quick..
                      ive a 420d at the mo but outside at the time was a m5. It looked stunning and I really had to keep my head ,I'd have got a right bollocking if I'd have come home with that.
                      but saying that I'm really liking the look of new mercs ,good styling.
                      sigpic

Comment

Agree. Agressive looks do it for me. Why the hell I'm driving a car with a teddy bear face then? I dont know.. The bi turbo is at least that bit entertaining, you can push it hard and have a bit of fun. It really only comes above the other models when pushed, and half of that is down to the flexride, which in my opinion, also having a 163 elite in the house with standard suspension, makes a savage difference. Enjoy your night.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                          1: Insert key, press silver button to fold key, and lower key body; twist to position II and error appears to service anti theft, engine won't start, chip in key must be out of range. Cool.
                          I had a key snap one, I had to insert the blade into this ignition with all I had in the car, a pair of scissors, turning it wouldn't start, I held the fob against the back of the scissors to make contact with the snapped part, it started. Must be some kind of gubbins in the fob that contacts the key blade.

Comment

Working...
                          X