Which fuse is the DRL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which fuse is the DRL?

Right so changing my DRLs today as one of the old led bulbs died. Popped the new ones in, they work on side light but not DRL.

I'm now getting the message check left/ right DRL. Now I'm thinking the resistors would stop this error even if the bulb was absent... So does that mean it's a fuse? I can't for the life of me see the offending fuse if it is.

Next step is removing the resistors which I'd rather not do.

Any advice greatly appreciated. If anyone can name the offending fuse I'll buy you a beer [emoji1]

Imo if it was a fuse,dont think they'd work at all,,,,some of the led bulbs require one of the pins bending

Hello everyone.This is a set up of a standard T20 7443 W21/5W LED SMD bulb. Anyone interested here are links to them:19SMD in BLUE:http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2x-...
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

But surely with resistors fitted the bulb wouldn't cause an error.

Comment

I bought some cree LEDs off Karl for my old siggy,on receipt of bulbs I noticed that the pins were bent,i then straightened them to where I thought they should be and when I fitted them they threw errors and wouldn't dim or brighten,one of the two,cant remember,anyway bent them back to where they were when I received them and they worked fine,,,no errors and dimmed with headlights
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I'll give it another go. I did try an old bulb that had worked and it still didn't but worth another try

Comment

OK they're now working as running lights but not side lights... That got to be a pin thing right?

Comment

So ended up snapping the pin so gone back to the old bulbs that worked without any messing

Comment

Originally posted by jmagee View Post
                I'll give it another go. I did try an old bulb that had worked and it still didn't but worth another try
                Probably

Comment

I'll just get on to peraccurate for a new set I think. My old set are a bit dodgy

Comment

OK so peraccurate wanted $50 for their new bulbs. Saw something about hids-direct doing a pair. They're brilliant!

Probably the best led DRL bulb I've had. Soooo tempted try the led H7 bulbs.

Left are the new pair. Right are a new bulb but the old style.

Comment

Originally posted by jmagee View Post
                      So ended up snapping the pin so gone back to the old bulbs that worked without any messing
                      Sorry to bring this post back up but I snapped the pins too does that mean the bulbs are trash now??

Comment

Working...
                      X