My toys.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My toys.....

The daily motor is the Insignia. Does what I need, economical for the long work journey, fits the family in for days out, gets the shopping in the boot and generally makes me seem like a respectable husband and daddy. Emphasis on the word seem....!

I'm a petrol head. Always have been, always will be. Love a quick car that handles well. Hence where the toys come in.

I must state at this point I've a very understanding wife. She knows that sitting in front of the TV watching mind numbing reality TV show or X Craptor or such like, far from floating my boat, sinks it like a stone. I need to keep my brain occupied and do something. Good with my hands so Im told. Form an orderly queue ladies.....

Thats where the toys come in. Means I can tinker, spanner and mess to my heart's content and generally go out and be a bit of a hooligan and have some fun.

I've two toys. First is a 306 Rallye. Proper point to point monster of a car. Quick and handles extremely well.

Thats currently off the road getting a full OEM spec restoration.

My other toy is a Beach Buggy.....

Built all by myself, it's road legal and has a big hairy Chevy Corvair flat 6 in the back. 110bhp and 160lb/ft of torque. In a 550kg fibreglass buggy. It's a LOT of fun, especially in the wet!

Now that's a sight you don't see every day. Love the beach buggy!
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I have moved a few of them beach buggies back in my transport days👍

Comment

Working...
      X