Help to find fault code!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to find fault code!

My insignia has got a "service vehicle soon" and 4 beeps appear over the last 2 days. I think it's when the chilly weather has set in and probably glow plugs but who knows!

I don't know the fault code and I don't have a obd checker...

So before I buy one does anyone in Manchester have one who wouldn't mind plugging it it to find out the fault?? Im Heald Green / Cheadle area.

Thanks in advance!

You can check the resistance through the glow plugs to see if one has failed with a multimeter if you have one handy.

Comment

Oooooo... I don't have one though 😟

Comment

About £10 from maplin. Or get down to your local Indy. Mine will read the codes for free

Comment

Indy?

Comment

Independant mechanic
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Not Vauxhall who want £80 a time to plug a laptop in

Comment

Thanks for that! Yes Vauxhall are a joke. Also someone suggested vag com? But not sure if is any good and what else I can use it for apart from fault codes?

Comment

Vag com is for vag cars I think.. It's opcom for the Vauxhall

Comment

Eurocarparts and any other motor factors usually have cheap fault code readers. Normally about 10quid

Comment

Europarts have a 30% discount offer this week, unfortunately they do not list fault coder readers or opcoms.

Comment

Yes I just looked on their website - only one listed was like £90!

Comment

I meant Op Com before - who has it and what does it do???

1. Is that the better obd checker?
                          2. Does it allow you to add/remove the dash setting on the little box between rev and speedo?

Comment

Op coms are a Vauxhall only diagnostic reader with the ability to program cim modules and activate features.

It is not a toy and can brick your car by erasing the ecu.

As it is a copy of the real vauxcom it doesn't have updating features and so has limited features and abilities on the newer vauxhalls like the insignia.

Comment

If for 2. you mean getting the multi level display that requires new hardware.

Comment

Working...
                              X