Water ingress O/S/R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nick.b View Post
    Fair enough, the dye does come off with degreaser. IPA would work too as it's safe on paint and used to remove polishing oils. Suppose it could be a last resort.
    Why would using Indian Pale Ale work?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

What a waste of drink .
      Ment Isopropyl alcohol (not drinkable).

Comment

Originally posted by umfaan View Post
        ....Hi... have you tried P..FM.....it might work in finding the leak...
        What's 'P..FM' ?

Comment

.....Pure F..king Magic ...!!

Comment

Originally posted by umfaan View Post
            .....Pure F..king Magic ...!!
            Can I have a pint of what you're on?
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Are you still getting water in the boot?

Comment

Don't leave us in suspense! [emoji16]

sigpic

Comment

Ah I changed my post because I think I had answered it before

Comment

Do tell us! Don't say the windows open!

Comment

In the boot, there are two holes either side, if you were to pop the rear bumper off, there is the big plastic clip where the bumper clips in. It's pop riveted on. Behind that clips is where you will find those holes. Vx only put a thing like a sticky plaster over it on the inside. After time the plaster slides off, exposing the holes to the elements. Unfortunately you can't really see it from the inside of the boot.

Comment

If you use a small mirror or even better a scope cam you can just see them, I used to have pictures somewhere. I popped my bumper off the old car and drilled a big hole through the clip inline with the factory hole and pumped it full of silkaflex. Voila no more leaking boot. I'm probably going to do the same on my new vx line. But this time I'm going to drill the rivets and pop the whole clip off and seal it up even better.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

The hole on the passenger side is easy enough to get at but the one on the drivers side is kinda hidden between the two skins, if that makes any sense. I posted up earlier about knowing where it was coming from then I remembered have this conversation with mad on Vaux a long time ago and he'd said he filled the two holes that's why I deleted it and changed my comment if anyone was wondering

Comment

Working...
                                X