Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 140 diesel insignia funny vibration in 3rd whilst accelerating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 140 diesel insignia funny vibration in 3rd whilst accelerating.

as title say-any help or ideas please?

could it be the boost sensor on the slam panel-my old 2010 tourer had probs with that but it used to make a humming I'm not aware of any humming just this pulsating as i increase acceleration mainly in 3rd gear as said-any help would be good

Comment

How many miles has it done and does it only do it in 3rd? Any other gears at low revs when you put your foot down?

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

hi-its done 33k and ive felt it in 2nd a bit too but its mainly 3rd when accelerating harder building up speed on a slip road

Comment

Hi mines a 2009 160Tdi and does the exact same thing if accelerating hard in 3rd. Although I have almost 134000 on the clock

Comment

mileage should not matter, our trusty Vec 1.9 CDTI 150 SRI now has 150k plus on and drives like new.

Comment

making a note of when it happens and it seems to be when the cars not fully warmed up - any ideas folks

Comment

just to add i have 2 insignias a 14 plate(the one that does the vibrating) and a 65 plate that never does it -both exact same spec/diesel engine

Comment

Originally posted by 690lee View Post
                  just to add i have 2 insignias a 14 plate(the one that does the vibrating) and a 65 plate that never does it -both exact same spec/diesel engine
                  Hi did you get an answer to this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by steverrmm View Post
                    I doubt you'll get a reply.
                    Check when the posts were made and the OP hasn't been on for nearly a year.

Hence the reason, new members should introduce themselves in.thd new members section, give some details about themselves and what they drive

Then go to the appropriate section and post up what issue they have.

Comment

Originally posted by steverrmm View Post
                      Hya -no never got to the bottom of it -
                      we still have the car and it goes through fits and starts- ie can be fine for months then the fluttering comes back-last year i cleaned all sorts-throttle body,map sensor,egr,even had the injectors out and cleaned them - i tried boost sensor off our other car and still same -are you experiencing similar??

Comment

Originally posted by 690lee View Post
                        Hya -no never got to the bottom of it -
                        we still have the car and it goes through fits and starts- ie can be fine for months then the fluttering comes back-last year i cleaned all sorts-throttle body,map sensor,egr,even had the injectors out and cleaned them - i tried boost sensor off our other car and still same -are you experiencing similar??
                        Hi thanks so much for replying, it sounds like pretty much the same issue and it was your wording that helped, at first it was like a vibrating but your spot on with the pulsing, it’s faint but you can hear it and definitely feel it in the gear stick. Have you had different tyres at all or even looked at them? Prop shaft crossed my mind, but it’s only in third that it has happened so far

Comment

Working...
                        X