Turbo issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo issue

I own a 2012 insignia. I had a noise coming from the turbo boost solenoid/boost control valve, after a bit of research I had this replaced.

Since replacing the part I have had issues. There is a service engine soon message appearing on the dash but no other lights. There is also a loss of power, this could be limp mode or potentially just a non functioning turbo.

I had the codes read and while I don't have the exact codes the messages were, according to mechanic:

No turbo boost pressure

EGR valve not working

Turbo charge vane not learned

The exact wording of the errors may be slightly different as I was told these over the phone.

Any ideas of what this is? On inspection the replaced valve seems to have been installed correctly. My first instinct is that the part was installed incorrectly or the new part was faulty. There is also a chance that during the change of part some other issue raised it's head

Checked the intercooler hoses for splits ???
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
    X